𝒕𝒆𝒏 | 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓

𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢

╙ ❝ 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 ❞ ╜

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟷

ALYA DRAGGED ALL HER SIBLINGS downstairs to the living room where their parents were sitting. When he doorbell rang, they all stood up and walked over to the front door. Lucius opened the door and stood back, wrapping his arm around Narcissa's waist while the four siblings stood on the right of them.

When Ethan and his parents walked into the foyer, Aster looked at Cassie and smirked. She rolled her eyes at him and watched as her father greeted them.

"Nathan, Lorraine. It's nice to see you. How are you?" Lucius asked as he shook Nathan Avery's hand.

"Good. Thank you for asking. How are you?" he replied.

"We're also good. I'll see you inside" Lucius replied as they walked inside the oak double doors that lead to the ballroom. Ethan smiled at Cassie as he walked past and Cassie put her head down to try and hide the blush that creeped onto her pale cheeks.

"Cassie, darling" Lucius called. "Can you please go to the bedrooms and make sure all the doors are locked? Just so no one goes in there, including all four of you" Lucius said, eyeing his children. "Use the charm you usually use to lock the quarter's entrance" he continued as he handed his wand to Cassie. She nodded and walked up to the bedroom quarters on the third floor. She locked all the doors and used the charm her mother had taught her to lock the quarters and went to look over the ballroom.

She leaned over the balcony to look into the ballroom. She watched as snowflakes fell from the roof and disappeared as soon as they landed on a surface, whether it was the floor or someone's shoulder. The hall was filled with roundtables that had white tablecloths covering them, white and gold wooden chairs and crystal wine glasses and cups that had gold linings on the brim of them.

A dozen of those tables stood on both sides of the large room as a long white and gold intricate carpet ran through the middle ending at the dance floor. Glass chandeliers covered the roof with bright lights. The walls were decorated with floating gold and white candles that lit up the room and silver and gold garlands that stretched in a line around all the walls. At the end of the room, in the middle was an 8-foot-tall Christmas tree, decorated elegantly.

Lucius was talking to a man when Cassie walked over to the pair. She greeted them both and handed her father his wand back and walked away.

Cassie looked around and spotted her best friends, Alecco and Cecilia, standing together in a corner. She walked over to them and they stood there and talked for a while.

They walked over to where her Aunt Bella was standing with her husband, Rodolphus Lestrange.

"Do you guys want shots?" she whispered slyly. They all nodded their heads eagerly then she left with her husband and went to get the alcohol. The trio sat down at a nearby table, talking about how many times Alecco had already accidentally walked into people tonight.