𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 | 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓

❝ 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚜 

╙ ❝ 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚜 ❞ ╜

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟷

ALYA WALKED INTO HER ROOM after her extended family left and locked her door. She walked over to her bed and dropped her body onto the mattress and sighed, thinking about the conversation she had had with her sister earlier.

Her mind began to wonder if her mother had heard their conversation. She couldn't bear the thought of that happening. It would be too hard to explain to her, and she didn't even want anyone to know about it, not even Cassie. The only reason Willow knew was because she had done them on her wrists the first time, allowing Willow to see them easily. She learnt her lesson the first time.

She just wanted to be alone with her thoughts and feelings. As her thoughts wore on, she began to feel guilty because if her mother knew, then knowing her, she would feel upset and maybe even a little guilty. Now she began to panic about it and a few tears escaped her eyes.

She began sobbing uncontrollably, trying to be as quiet as possible. She tried to stop and hold them in, but it was useless. She leaned down from the side of her bed and out of instinct, grabbed a switchblade that was placed in the bottom drawer of her bedside table.

She leaned back up and tossed the blade on the sheets. She walked over to her walk-in closet and changed into a pair of blue shorts. She walked back to her bed and sat on it; legs crossed.

She stared blankly and emotionlessly at the blade that was lying down in front of her. She felt the urge to do it so she could convert her inside pain to real pain, but then resisted and as her eyes began to feel heavy from crying. She felt them shut and felt a little bit proud of herself for not doing it, and drifted off into a dreamless slumber.

♧⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞♧

Narcissa was sat with Lucius in his study with a glass of wine in her hand. She couldn't stop thinking about Alya as she stared out the window that had a view of the Malfoy gardens that Narcissa had kept healthy and tended to, with the help of her two daughters. Lucius had noticed that she had been silent as he called her name.

"Narcissa, are you listening?" he called, trying to get his wife's attention. Her attention drifted from her thoughts to her husband who was sitting on another seat beside her.

"Hm? Oh yes, sorry. What were you saying, love?" Narcissa asked.

"I was asking if we should tell the kids to start getting ready for the ball. It's supposed to start in two hours" he replied.

"Oh yes. I'll go get the twins and you can get Aster and Cassie" she suggested as Lucius nodded his head.

She stood up and Lucius followed her towards the door. As she went to turn the doorknob, Lucius put his hand over Narcissa's to stop her from opening it. She looked at him in confusion and he spoke.