𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 | 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓

╙ ❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚒𝚞𝚜 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 ❞ ╜

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟷𝟾, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟺

"I'M GETTING MARRIED?" she asked, deadly quiet.

"Cassie-" Narcissa started.

"Shut up," she told her mother coldly, putting a hand up for emphasis. "I want to hear it from him," she sneered.

"You said you wanted me to tell her," Lucius said to Narcissa. "Why did you tell her?" Lucius pressed, his eyebrows narrowing.

"We're getting off-topic, but she didn't tell me" Lucius looked confused and Cassie sighed irritatedly. "I read her mind. I've been doing Legilimency since my third year and Occlumency since my fifth"

"You didn't tell me that," Lucius frowned.

"Yeah, well I didn't want you to know I could read your mind. It's not very good, but it gets the job done. Now back on topic, I'm getting married?" she asked sternly. "I'm not even of age yet!"

"You will be next month, which is when you start your courting," Lucius said, plainly.

"Who am I even marrying!?" she exclaimed.

"Marcus Flint, dear" Narcissa said.

Cassie scoffed. "The kid with the buck teeth and thinks he's the best at Quidditch just because he plays rough every game?! Please! If you think I will even touch him, the both of you are delusional"

"Cassiopeia, we discussed this. We told you last year that we would let you pick who you wanted to marry, and you haven't told us of anyone. You get married after you graduate" Lucius said.

"We haven't even spoken of that since! Just because I haven't told you who I'm dating, doesn't mean that I haven't been looking for someone to marry! I'm sorry I was living my life instead of looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with! You gave me two years to choose who I want to marry! Marriage is a big commitment, if you haven't noticed! The only reason you two worked is because you knew each other your entire lives!" she exclaimed.

"You're dating someone? Who?" Lucius asked sharply.

"That's not the point-" she started.

"No! It isn't the point, but I want to know who you are dating. Is he pureblood?" he said, giving his eldest a stern look.

"Yes!"

"Do we know him?"

"Most likely"

"Is he from a respectable family?" Narcissa spoke up, looking at her daughter carefully. When she didn't reply and looked down, Lucius threw his hands up in exasperation and started pacing the dining room.