I Don't Want to See You Again

"Hey, Paul, I found your phone!" John said, holding the phone up and handing it to Paul.

"Oh, thanks." Paul began to dial Elise's phone number.

"Uh, Paul, don't bother calling her."

"Why? What happened?"

"Uh- um-" The other four staggered.

"Something... came up." Ringo started.

"What d'ya mean, 'Something'?"

"Uh... something in the way..." George paused.

"You'll- never see her again." John sighed.

"What- why?"

"Uh- she's-" Stu ran out of the room.

"Thanks for the support, Stu." Ringo said flatly.

"Now what happened to Ellie?"

"Well, she- left."

"What- left? She wouldn't leave me! We told each other that nothing, not even death would get in between our love."

"Well, sh- she met another man."

"She would never leave me! She-she told me!"

"She may have told you, but she told you before she met him. Now she never wants to see you again. Too embarrassing and awkward."

Paul stood their with his mouth hanging open, trying to find some words to express his feelings. "I-I don't believe you. She'd never-"

"Paul, we understand you're having trouble soaking this in, but, it's the truth." John, George, and Ringo crossed their fingers behind their backs. Maybe it was a bit harsh to lie to Paul, but he couldn't take the truth just after they got engaged. It was just for the better.

All Paul did was grab his guitar and began strumming.

I don't want to see you again,

I hear that love is planned, how can I understand?
When someone says to me, "I don't want to see you again."

Why do I cry at night? Something wrong, could be right, I hear you say to me, "I don't want to see you again."

As you turned your back on me, you hid the light on days, I didn't have to play at being broken hearted!

I hear that love is planned, how can I understand?
When someone says to me, "I don't want to see you again."

I don't want to see you again.