Chapter 8

Paul fell out of his bed, suddenly waking him up. He combed his hair and went downstairs into his kitchen, drinking something he forgot to put up last night. And immediately spitting it out in the sink.

Oh my God, what was that?

He looked into the cup.

Was that tea?

It was tea.

Gonna be along time before I make tea again...

He decided to forget all about breakfast and just left to go to John's house. As he drove to the familiar street, he was wondering what to say. He closed the silver car door, still thinking.

Just tell the guy you're sorry, and this'll all be over with. You never know, he might even apologize to you.

Yeah, sure. When pigs-

Before Paul could finish his thought, John left his house and shut his door.

"Oh, Paul." John said, surprised to see him.

"Hey."

"I was just about to-" They replied in unison. "No, you first. No, you. Fine. I was just going to say, 'I'm sorry'." They both suddenly realized.

"You were about to apologize?" John asked. "No, I should be the one to apologize."

Here come the pigs.

Would you just shut up?

"I'm sorry, I was such an idiot." Paul said.

"Don't say that! I was the one-"

"No, I-"

"Now we're arguing about who should apologize!" John joked.

"Oh. Yeah. Here's your phone, by the way." Paul handed John the phone in its green case. "Do you have-"

"Uh, I have it, I don't remember where I put it." John ran his fingers through his mop top. "Please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad, I'm just glad to have all this off my chest and that we're friends again."

"Heh, yeah. But I promise, I'll give it to you the minute I find it."

"Take your time. I don't care when I ge it back, but I would like it back."

"Okay, I promise, the minute-"

"Okay, okay, I get the idea."

"Next week, at 2?"

"Sure." Paul extended his hand out. John proudly shook it as if they just made a business deal.

Finally, you guys made up.

If we made up, could you stop bothering me so much?

You never know when it comes to the subconscious...