Let it Be

Paul and Elise began playing with Martha again for about half an hour. It would have been longer until Paul's phone went off about four times with text alerts, startling Martha and causing her to bark at Paul's phone.

John: LAST TIME I CHECKED, NOW DIDNT MEAN HALF AN HOUR LATER

Stu: OMG WHERE U @

George: U O ME LUNCH

Ringo: WE NEED U HERE LIKE NOW

"Oh, bloody 'eck! I have to go! I lost track of time!" Paul smacked his forehead once more, grabbed his coat and pecked Elise on her cheek again.

"Oh, bye Paul! When'll you be back?"

"Um, I don't know, as soon as I can, love." Paul quickly exited out of the door.

......................................

"Okay, please tell me I'm not late!" Paul said, racing into the small apartment.

"Not late? We ended an hour ago!" Ringo complained, moving his cymbal.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry for not looking at the time, but I didn't intend to be so late. I brought you a sandwich, George." Paul tried to make up for his stupid mistake.

"Not even a sandwich can make up for your stupidity now." George mumbled, tuning his guitar.

"Look, we made a decision, Macca. We don't mind you being with Elise, but you can't be with her every second!" John said.

"Is it my fault I love her so much? Is it my fault she's so beautiful? Is it my fault ther're only 24 hours in the bloody day!?! NO! JUST LET ME BE!"

"IF ALL YOU'RE GONNA DO IS ARGUE, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO?!?"

"YOU KNOW, WHAT, I THINK I WILL! YOU GUYS JUST WON'T LET IT BE!!!"

"WELL, GO AND TAKE YOUR BLOODY WORDS OF WISDOM AND GET OUT!"

"FINE! LIKE I BLOODY CARE!! I'LL GO TO THE ONLY PERSON THAT ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT ME!!!"

"YOUR MUM'S DEAD, PAUL!"

"DON'T REMIND ME!! THAT'S NOT EVEN WHAT I MEANT!! RIGHT NOW, THE ONLY PERSON BREATHING ON EARTH THAT CARES FOR ME IS ELLIE!" Paul was ready to cry and throw something at John's face.

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST-"

"NO! WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY!?!? YOU'RE ALWAYS THE ONE THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING AND RUINING OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES!!"

"JUST GET THE (this word has been taken out for language reasons) OUT OF HERE SO I NEVER SEE YOUR (taken out) FACE AGAIN!?!"

"FINE WITH ME!!!" Paul left the room fuming. The cold wind hit his face like icy daggars. It froze him to the bone, but it was practically oblivious to him even with his teeth chattering. He didn't notice and he didn't care. His blood was boiling, so like he ever would notice. All he could think of was how angry John had made him.

The nerve of that cold-blooded, heartless, snake! He's so insensitive! I have feelings, but it doesn't look like he even cares! I could just-

Paul released his angry thoughts and began thinking about what he said earlier.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be. And in my hour of darkness, there is still a light that shines on me. Shine until tommorrow, let it be. Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be, whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Paul made it back to Elise's house and knocked on the door. She opened the door and unexpectedly saw Paul.

"Oh, Paul, darling, I didn't expect you back so soon. How was the practice?" He walked in, laid his coat down. Martha almost immediately jumped on Paul's legs.

"Grotty, but never mind it."

"Paul, what happened?"

"Nothing." He muttered.

"Paul, I know when you're upset, now what happened? Please tell me."

"I- I'd rather not talk about it."

"Well, I'd never make you do something you don't want to, but you know I'm here for you whenever you need me. Anytime at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there."

"Well-" He held his breath for a moment then let out a deep sigh. "I got in an argument with someone and now I never want to see him again."

"Who, Paul? Who?"

"-John."