Tossin' and Turnin'

That night, John and Paul couldn't sleep. The two were having the same argument inside their heads:

You need to apologize to him and you know it.

But I did nothing. He's the one being so bloody-

And how?

Well, he just is! It's how he's always been! I didn't notice until now, though.

You guys have been friends since forever. How does someone just so happen to see it now?

I don't know. Maybe like how you can walk up and down the same old street everyday and finally notice a trashcan next to the street.

And how many times has that happened?

As many times as he's been such a stupid, bloody, idiot.

And that is.....?

Enough times for me.

You didn't answer my question!

Shut up! Like it honestly makes a difference!

So you won't answer the question asked to you by yourself?

What?

Don't ask me, I'm just the voice inside of your head. Like I would know.

You know more than I do right now!

Ha! So you admit it!

Admit what!?!

That I know more than you do, so why not go with my opinion?

Because, well, uh- shut up!

Don't be so rude to me, I've made you make a lot of life changing decisions and saved your life a few times!

Whatever, just let me sleep.

You're keeping yourself from sleeping, considering I'm you.

Would you stop making so little sense!?!

Just tell him you're sorry and your subconscious will stop bugging you!

Y'know what? Just stop bugging me!

I will once you apologize! He's been the greatest friend to you and you know it!

Well, yeah, I guess he kind of was the shoulder I cried on when I needed him...

See? So go on and apologize to the poor lad. I mean, you and I both know you're not perfect.

Yeah, I guess so. But he would never accept my friendship after everything I said to him earlier...

But what would it hurt?

Nothing. I was the one to be so stupid, missing out on such a great friend like him...

There was only one problem both of them had in front of them.

John, being buried in rustled sheets, stuck his arm out and reached for his phone he routinely set on his nightstand. He couldn't find it and began panicking and feeling all around the small table, knocking over a stack of papers, a box of tissues, and a cup full of pencils. John stuck his head up and took off all the sheets covering him.

"Where is my phone!?!" He found a piece of paper taped to his nightstand:

"If you were wondering, we took your phone and gave it to Paul. You won't get it back till you apologize- Stu, Ringo, and George"

"Guys! That's the whole reason I need my phone!" Then he realized something. Paul has his phone, he had Paul's.... Maybe he could call Paul using Paul's phone....

......................

Paul decided the same thing. To call John and get this whole thing over with. But he didn't have anything to call him with, until someone rang the doorbell. At 2 o' clock in the morning.

"Who on earth...?" He got out of bed and opened the door. It was George, Ringo, and Stu. At 2 o' clock in the morning. "Ringo, Stu, George? What are you doing at my house? At 2 o' clock in the morning?"

"Take John's phone for right now 'til he comes and picks it up. Thanks, bye!" They said, running back into Stu's car.

Maybe I can call him now....