I couldn't think of a song to fit this chapter that well

"John, don't you think you were a little... harsh?" George asked, eating the sandwich Paul left.

"If he won't keep a commitment to the band, then he doesn't need to be here. And I thought you said that a sandwich couldn't make up for his bloody stupidity."

"It didn't, but you can never let a perfectly good sandwich go to waste."

"Just give the lad a break. After all, he's love struck by her." Stu attempted to reason.

"Paul's strong, it's not like he'll completely forget and ignore us. He'll get something figured out in between Elise and us."

"He better, or I'll-" John was cut off by a knock at the door. He opened the door to see the innocent Elise, oblivious of their talking about Paul. Even though she was an adult, sometimes she'd just have that look in her eye making her look so innocent, she looked like a five year old child. "Oh, hey El."

"Hey, uh, do you think you could take Paul's phone for a little while for him?"

"Why.....?" John hesitantly grabbed the phone.

"Well, uh, it-it's hard to explain. But if he doesn't come and pick it up for a few days, call me."

"Okay......."

"Thanks, John." Elise walked out of the doorway as if nothing had happened.

"Why did she give you Paul's phone?" Ringo asked.

"I don't know, but I just want to-" John raised the phone, ready to smash it on the floor.

"You can't do that!"

"I know, but it's so tempting...."

You didn't even mean half of what you said to him.

Well, uh,

Admit it. You're sorry about what you said to the poor guy.

I- I am not!

C'mon, you can tell me. I'm just the voice inside of your head. What've you got to lose?

Well, my pride, for one.

How can you lose your pride over admitting the truth?

Because it's not the truth!

You keep telling yourself, or uh, me that and we'll find the truth and see who's right.

Fine then! I'll prove you wrong!

How can you prove your own self wrong?

Shut up, I'm John Lennon, I'll find some way...

Sure you will.