Chapter 10

Paul walked slowly up to the house so familiar to him of his girlfriend and her new dog.

Are you sure you want to do this?

I love her, she loves me. Why shouldn't I?

What if she thinks you're getting into everything too fast? What if she refuses you? What then, huh, genius?

You never will leave me alone, will you?

I only want what's best for you. After all, I'm you , too, y'know.

Sure you do.

Okay, but if she turns your heart into a million piece puzzle, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Whatever, just shut it and leave me alone.

He hesitantly rang the doorbell, hearing the faint ding-dong echo in the house, immediately startling Martha and have her begin barking.

Elise opened the door, one side of her hair clipped up, the other half down. "Oh, Paul. I , uh, didn't expect you to be here."

"Oh, well, um, I want to ask you something." Paul looked down at his shoes.

"I think I know what you're trying to say."

"Y-you do?"

"I've known you for quite some time now, Paul. I think I know."

"Oh, great, because, I didn't think you'd understand, and I wouldn't know how to-"

"Here!" She handed him Martha's leash, which led down to the cute and bubbly little sheepdog covered in gray and white all over. "You can handle Martha for two hours and I'll pick her up later."

"Um, okay. Love you."

God, I'm such a stuttering idiot some times!

"I love you too, Paul." She said, kissing him on the cheek and quickly closing the door.

"Well, girl, I guess it's just you and me." He sighed. "I guess that gives me two more hours to think of what I'll say to the best girl on Earth." He looked at Martha and how cute the bumbling puppy was. His doe eyes lit up.

"You just gave me the best idea yet, girl!"