|36|𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚋𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚍

Start from the beginning

Rachel Roth had returned

"HARPER!'' they screamed before they saw the body in front of her. 

"Rachel" Harper said dazed, she couldn't tear her eyes away fom the young girl. She looked so different, she radiated a different aura but it was still nonetheless Rachel Roth, the girl she had saved so many years ago.

" Harper" Gar whispered as her eyes trailed to the boy who stood a few paces behind the girl. Rachel sprang forward and dropped on the opposite side of Dick as she muttered under her breath frantically. We were too late. Too late. Too late. I could've saved him. If only she knew Harper felt the exact same way.

" Harper' Gar said before crouching beside her, his eyes shimmering with tears as he took in her state. Had Dick not been lifeless next to them, Harper sure could've given him a run for his money. She looked awful. 

He had no idea where the rest had disappeared to, no idea where she or Dick were and it had terrified him when he woke up naked and alone in a warehouse until Rachel had found him. But something went so wrong, so fast and now Harper looked on the brink of death and Dick was actually gone. 

" Gar" she breathed out as he nodded softly, bringing her into his arms but he froze as she flinched slightly. What the hell happened to her? His posture eased when he felt her relax as she looked at the girl almost in desperation.

" Rachel, can you do anything?" he asked rushed as Rachel pulled away from him, tears pouring down her milky white skin. Harper watched with baited breath as her hands began to glow, her arms tightening around the boy in hopes of relishing any sort of comfort.

Pease please please she begged, and though Harper was never really religious, she prayed to whoever was up there to save the man who had saved so many others. 

When Rachel's hands stopped glowing and a cry left her lips , Harper slumped against the boy as Rachel called out his name over and over again. 

Gar clutched onto Harper as silent tears slipped down their cheeks. He was gone, she was too late.

Harper felt the familiar rage burn inside of her. Rachel gasped and Gar's grip on her slackened for a bit.

"Harper? Your eyes" Rachel gaped as they saw bright yellow rings staring at them. Harper's heart seized as she shut her eyes and tried to control her breathing. No,no no. When Harper opened her eyes the two teens continued to stare at her in curiosity and concern as her eyes returned to their normal earthy brown. 

The three Titans didn't hear the flapping of wings above them, not until one flew right beside them. Gar slowly helped Harper to her feet as he gently usered her into Rachel's arms, who immediately locked around the older woman's quivering body. 

They watched as Gar stumbled back- he was shaking. His hands were rubbing against his eyes feverishly, looking above as a colony of bats circled around them. 

Rachel and Harper stood in shock as his hands webbed together and the boy began to turn green. Before either of the girls could blink, Gar had disappeared and in his place was a green bat.

Harper's eyes widened while Rachel cheered in awe. "How did he-" Harper said bewildered as Rachel tugged her forward. " I don't know but I think there's a way we can save Dick" 

The woman held onto the girl with a new found hope. The bats started circling Dick and in one swift movement, almost in tandem they lifted his body into the air and traveled in a direction she could not make out- but Rachel sure did.

"Where are they taking him?" she asked as the girls trailed after them.

Rachel looked at her, a glimpse of hope twinkling in her eye. " The Lazarus pit Harper. If it worked for Jason, it should work for Dick too "