|32|𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎

Mulai dari awal

" You nervous?" 

Harper glanced at her brother who was adjusting his crossbow. He didn't glance at her but he could feel her eyes on him.

" You're not?" she quipped back before he sighed and turned his attention from the weapon to her.

" You're usually never this unfocused during a mission. Could've sworn I felt concern almsot." he said as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel.

" Yeah, well I'm fine. So save that concern for miss lover girl alright." she drawled as he chuckled lightly, his hand running through his hair.

" You worry me more than you should you know. "

Harper raised her brow. " Oh yeah, how so.?

" You tend to become impulsive when emotional. " Harper scoffed but Ryder didn't relent. " This case is really affecting you, and as your brother it's not a very pretty sight to witness"

" Yeah, well I guess you're still new to this whole brother thing. " she snapped. " I get you're worried, I am too but this is personal and Ryder you don't know what we've been through. " Her gaze flickered to him before trailing to the road again. " I appreciate your concern. But we're making a big sacrifice by doing this. "

Ryder sighed as he saw the building come into view. " It feels as if something is going to go wrong."

" Don't jinx it" she warned as she leaned over behind her and grabbed her bow and quiver.

" Now, don't do anything stupid" she said as she clambered out the car.

Ryder rolled his eyes as he grabbed his crossbow and followed after her.

" We're all going to be fine" Dick assured as Harper glanced up from her feet.

Harper was not stupid, but her gut was sending a zoo in her stomach thinking of what could happen if their plan was not successful.

Would they be locked up for good? Could they actually escape and live a quiet life in the shadows.

Would they end up in an asylum, chained up like how they were in the beginning, terrified for their lives. Harper walked out of that nightmare a different person, could she do it again?

Would they end up how Blackfire was previously, used as an experiment in a lab. Gar, Conner and Kory used for their superhuman abilities. Dick, Ryder and her cast aside and left to rot in a cell.

Would Barbara keep her word at keeping them safe?

Harper sighed as Dick circled his arm around her shoulders, her knuckles tightening around her bow as the group caught up to them.