✔ Chapter fucking nineteen: twins

You had been in the shower for a few minutes now just reading the shampoo bottle to pass the time as the water hit your back. You had already finished your hygiene needs, but you didn't want to get out yet. 

So much had happened in such a short amount of time. At least, it felt like a short amount of time. Everything had gone by so fast... Fuck! Okay! Okay. Alright. Start over, let's go through this. We had enough evidence to get Endeavour investigated and he was taken to the police station. He was let out for some reason... Why? Shit, then we left to... to the bar. Aizawa came along and- Fuck and then we were walking to the school for the exam! what fucking happened between then?? How did we even end up at U.A.?!

You turned off the shower and shoved the curtain aside. There was a towel on the counter, which you grabbed to dry off, wrapping it around yourself as you finished. You went through your bag and grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, rummaging around for socks but... you forgot to grab some. Idiot. Dumb little fuck. Who forgets to grab socks? Apparently, you.

Oh. 

The socks were at the bottom of the bag. There were only two pairs, you would have to buy more at some point, but this would be fine for now. Yeah, idiot. You sighed and caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. Dark circles hung under your eyes and there were scars that were not there before. At least, not that you remembered were there. 

"Holy shit..." There was a scar that ran the length of your arm that had obviously been stitched. Neither you nor Shoto knew how stitch shit that big. Your eyes scanned the rest of your body. You had to see what was done to you. A large patch of discolored skin, grayer than your own, spanned from your right shoulder blade, across your back, and to your left hip. Fuck. What the fuck?! You couldn't handle this right now. Shoto had to shower, and you needed to figure what the fuck happened to you, and possibly to Shoto. 

You got dressed and brushed your teeth. Avery had extra toothbrushes in a bin in the bathroom cabinet. She had told you and Shoto that the both of you could use whatever you wanted in there, but you didn't want to be selfish. You were already using her shower and she was allowing you to stay in her home, so you only took the towel, toothbrush, and toothpaste. 

Shoto was sitting outside of the bathroom door doing a crossword puzzle. He had calmed down since earlier and was no longer literally freezing. His expression hadn't changed, however, as when he looked at you, you could tell he had cried again. 

"Are you okay...?" The both of you looked to the little kid who stood in the hallway. A boy, probably no more than ten, with large red wings and a set of horns, stared at you and Shoto. He had a thin tail that flared at the end, and large red eyes and ears that pointed downward. And he, to put it shortly, was absolutely adorable.

"Oh, uhm. Yes, I am alright." Shoto was, in fact, not alright. But, because he was embarrassed, he went into the bathroom to shower before either you or the child could see him cry. Again. The past couple of days had been long and stressful and he was processing it. You would be there for him, he knew that.

"I'm L/N Y/N, and that's my brother, Todoroki Shoto. Uhm, Avery had told us that she was babysitting, so it's very nice to meet you." You knelt down and held out your hand for him to shake.

"I'm Mars. How come you two don't share last names?" He gave you a side high five.

"I'm adopted."

"Mm. What's wrong with him?"

"Well, Mars, the both of us have had a really weird past two days that we're figuring out. Neither of us have handled it particularly well."

"Oh. Wanna play cars with me?"