We almost had it all...

Start from the beginning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once at the hospital and all ready
-----

Us interns are in the hallway peering through a window at the ER.

Izzie nervously says," We're supposed to be studying. If Bailey finds out we're down here... "

Cristina smiles as she sees injured patients," We are studying. How do you treat frostbite?"

George answers," Re-warm, avoid early surgery unless there's a deep infection due to auto-amputation."

I look in awe at some of the patients," See? Studying."

(Another frostbite sufferer is entering the ER)

I say to Christina and Meredith," Did you see that?"

Meredith,"That is freaky."

Cristina is wide eyed," I think that was a flail chest. I've never seen one before. Come on. Come on. Why, oh, why does today have to be test day?"

I nod with a sad expression.

Meredith agrees,"Oh, I know."

Cristina and I look at each other and chrisina softly says,"Look... I bet you if you talk to the chief, he'll let you take the test later with the funeral and everything."

Meredith," I don't need to take the test later."

Cristina and I nod,"Okay."

We continue to stand their when Bailey walks into the hallway

Bailey angrily," What are you fools doing here? In a few hours, you people are taking a test that will determine the course of your entire medical careers because the five interns with the lowest test scores will be cut from the program. But are you studying for this test? No, you're not. Are you helping out in the ER? You are most certainly not! Are you getting the hell out of here before I throw you out? I think you are."

We start walking Meredith towards the elevator as she is going to the funeral.

I ask her," What is biloma? What is biloma?"

Meredith sighs," Cristina, Isabelle, I really don't have time( we just look at her) ...A biloma is an intraperitoneal bile fluid collection. "

Cristina smiles softly and I comfortingly put my hand on her back as she walks," Excellent."

Meredith sighs," Okay? I'll be fine."

(Thatcher enters)

George notices," Meredith."

Meredith" George, I gotta go. "

George softly," Your dad"

. Meredith sees him," Hey. I...I...I was just on my way... "

Thatcher stumbles drunk," No, I...I came here to tell you you're not wanted. I don't want you at any funeral, Meredith."

Richard steps in," thatcher, why don't you come... "

Thatcher looks at Meredith," She trusted you! She came to you for help, and you kill her. You did. You killed my wife. You took her from me."

Molly enters and says," Dad!"

Thatcher continues," So I don't...I don't want to see you. I don't want to hear from you, and I don't want you anywhere near her funeral. You understand me? Do you understand me?"

Molly tiredly says," Dad, dad, come on. This...Lexie's waiting in the car. We have to go, dad. We have to go now."

Thatcher starts to leave," She was everything to me, all I had. She was all I had. She was all I had."