10(edited

"So, this is what it's like? Being on the inside?" Steven asked softly as he appeared in the reflection.

Marc turned to face Steven, Carlos looked at Marc. "Yeah." Marc replied with softly, the turned away to look at Carlos about to say something.

"It's horrible." Steven spoke making Marc turn around again.

"It's all right. You're all right." Marc told Steven who looked upset and scared. Carlos looked around and spotted the two furious gods watching in the distance.

"Marc..." Carlos whispered tugging at Marc's shoulder.

"Not now Carlos!"

"I feel like I can scarcely move." Steven whined and sniffled.

"It's all right, just breathe through it. It gets easier." Marc told Steven calmly while Carlos was still tugging him.

"How long have you been doing this?" Steven asked.

"I don't know. It's... A long time." Marc said softly.

"Can I have my body back?" Steven asked grunting softly as he tried taking the control of the body.

"Sorry. We've always managed to keep a wall between us, but something's changed. The one who controls the body has become stronger." Marc explained to Steven who's eyes watered,"The reflections help, but most of the time, it'll take all your willpower just to be a fly on the wall."

"Marc.." Carlos whispered but he ignored him.

"You can't do this, keeping me trapped in here. You have no right. My whole life... I can barely keep a goldfish alive. I lost my job. It's been you. It's always been you, eating away at parts of my life like a parasite." Steven sniffled, snapping at Marc.

"Look, when I am done, when I have repaid my debt, I swear to you, you will never see me or hear from me again. I promise you. We wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Khonshu. And my... servitude is the price that I pay." Marc explained.

"What kind of servitude?" Steven asked.

"The kind that leaves me covered in blood." Marc explained to Steven.

"Yeah, well, that blood is on my hands. You ruin people's lives. Everything you touch, you ruin. You hurt people!" Steven snapped.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Marc snapped at Steven.

"You're a liar. I don't believe you. I don't trust you. You hurt people." Steven told Marc.

"Just shut up!" Marc yelled.

"I won't let you hurt anyone again. I will never give you a moment of peace, I promise." Steven yelled back then bells tolled.

"Shut up! You shut up! Shut up!" Marc yelled repeatedly as he stomped on the mirror breaking it.

"Marc! Will you listen to me now!" Carlos yelled at Marc and he turned around.

"What?! What do you want!" Marc yelled and Carlos  pointed up at the furious gods.

"You swore he would not interfere." Khonshu roared furiously as he walked closer.

"I know. I'll handle it." Marc told khonshu.

"I'm disappointed Carlos I had higher expectations for you! You lost the scarab!" Maahes snapped furiously

"I'll find it. I can handle this! I swear" Carlos told the lion headed god.

"You, both have proven you cannot. We will." Maahes roared

"Ungrateful, Marc, altering the terms of our agreement. You were nothing more than a corpse when I found you. You think you own this body?" Khonshu laughed with derision, "It belongs to me."

"We'll find the scarab." Marc told the gods.

"Too late. Harrow has it." Maahes spoke looking at Carlos and Marc.

"Then we'll find another way. We'll get to Ammit's tomb first." Carlos spoke.

"You know I'll protect you with everything I have. You both are worth protecting." Khonshu told them.

"We'll do whatever it takes then. Then you let us go." Marc told the gods.

"I know that you both enjoy the work We have for you. We need each other." Maahes spoke to them.

"We have a deal. Right!" Carlos snapped at Maahes. The gods ignored at started walking away.

"Where are we going?" Marc asked.

"Where the hell do you think?" Khonshu spoke