03 (edited)

Carlos walked around sighing at the words of the raging god behind him. He looked at the floor bumping into someone.

"I am so sorry" Carlos mumbled moving away looking up, in shock of who it is, "Steven...umm" Carlos couldn't help but blush slightly.

"Oh.. ummmm.." he stutter not knowing what to say, he just stood there, "ummm... I umm...I should get going"

Steven tried to move out his way but Carlos moved in the same direction as he did. "Steven.. what are you doing?" Carlos asked curiously

"I ummm I was.. going to have a look at a storage locker.." Steven stuttered looking at Carlos .

"Well you seem lost and like you need company"Carlos smiled moving out of Steven's way.

"Yeah.. just a bit.." Steven stuttered and started walking followed by Carlos.

***

After a while they made it to the storage locker. "What the bloody hell is this?" Steven asked looking around.

"Well I don't know" carlos replied with as Steven walked up to a bag filled with money from all countries and a gun.

Steven turned around holding the scarab. "He has the scarab! Take it from him!" The god roared.

"Steven give me the scarab" he said holding his hand out.

"Steven don't do it" Marc said in the reflection.

"Hello man in the mirror I was wondering when you'd pop up again" Steven said waving to the reflection.

"Ummm Steven who are you talking too?" Carlos asked looking at him.

"Steven, I need you to listen to me very carefully." Marc told him.

"Marc?" Steven said looking at the reflection.

"What did you just say...?" Carlos asked looking at him.

"I know you're scared." Marc told Steven.

"A bit, yeah." Steven stuttered slightly looking around, a bit scared.

"Steven.." Carlos whispered.

"I know you're confused. You weren't supposed to see any of this." Marc told Steven.

"No? Well, bit late for that, innit?" Steven said looking at Carlos then at Marc, "So, what? Am I, like, meant to be some sort of mad secret agent or something?"

Carlos chuckled looking at Steven. "It's a little more complicated than that. More complicated?" Marc sighed

"What? Am I possessed?" Steven stuttered, "A-Are you, like, a demon? Or..."

"You're in danger, and I can save us, just like I did last night." Marc explained, "But I can't have you or Carlos interfering in what I have left to do. So, this is what's gonna happen. You're gonna go lay down on that cot back there. You're gonna take a nice nap."

"Are you joking?" Steven asked looking at the cot then at Marc, "Sleep... I'm never gonna go to sleep again. You hear me? Look, I don't care how bloody handsome you are. Tell me what it is you are. What are you?!"

Carlos looked at Steven confused. Did he say handsome, that dude must be blind ish, he thought. "You sure you want to know?" Marc asked Steven.

"Yes! bloody... Yes!" Steven yelled.

"I serve Khonshu. I'm his Avatar. Which means you are, too. Sort of. We protect the vulnerable and deliver Khonshu's justice to those who hurt them." Marc explained to Steven.

"Khonshu?" Steven asked sounding surprised, Carlos looked at him.

"Yeah." Marc replied.

"The Egyptian god of the moon?" Steven asked slowly walking over to the cot.

"Oh, my God, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Steven said taking deep breaths, "I eat one piece of steak, and then, bam, I go bonkers!"

He sat down breathing deeply, "Oh, God. I'm having a panic attack." Carlos sat next to him.

"Steven... Steven look at me" Carlos said calmly and Steven slowly looked at him.

"I made a deal with Khonshu." Marc said through the reflection of the gun.

"I need to go to hospital." Steven gasped looking away from Carlos.

"No Steven you can't" he said.

"That deal is contingent on you not interfering, Steven. Now, give me the body. Let me finish this, and you'll never hear from me again." Marc spoke and Steven sat and thought for a minute and got up.

"You want my body? Right, yeah. Marc, how about this for a deal?" Steven went over to the bag, "I'm gonna take this bag full of illegal shit, yeah? And I'm gonna go straight to the authorities. And they're gonna put me away so I don't hurt anyone else."

Steven packed the bad up and headed to the door. "And hopefully, NHS will fill me with enough pills so that you get out of my head!" Steven yelled before he left.

"Steven wait!" Carlos yelled following Steven out. "Fuck sake"