Chapter 23

Blackwing landed back at his treehouse, Bunnystep was waiting there for him. "Blackwing? Y-You're back!" Bunnystep said excitedly, hugging the shit out of Blackwing. "I-I thought you died!"
     "It's fine Bunnystep. I'm back." Blackwing reassured Bunnystep. Blackwing backed up a bit and smiled softly.
     "What happened?" Bunnystep asked. Blackwing smirked
     "A slight delay." Blackwing answered.

Blackwing was walking through Carronplace, it was empty. He then saw something in the piles, a small white brick with an interesting look. He picked it up and turned around, and saw something in the shed. He walked over and saw a large metallic object, he jumped on a box and looked at it.
It was all metal, he hoped into it and looked around. Wasn't one of these in Twolegplace? He thought, he went to the rear and fiddled with the object at the back. A flick, a pull and a second flick and the object roared like the monsters on the Thunderpath. After a moment it calmed down and he realized what he was in, it was a steel duck! Just like that traveler said!

The sun was going down when he was on his way back. Once he was back he curled up to get some rest.

The next day he woke up to see Bunnystep standing over him.
     "Blackwing? I heard this strange sound near the Highrocks." Bunnystep said.
     "What sound?" Blackwing asked standing up and stretching out his wings and paws.
     Bunnystep inhaled, "It was this weird, droning sound." She said, looking out the window in the direction of Highrocks.

A what? Blackwing thought to himself.