"Why? Is it that hideous that you still have those pictures.. Do you like digging old scars back?"

She continued.

"Ester, It's not what you think.." I tried to explain.

"Then what is it? You have those pictures that haunt me for years in your studies!" She finally burst into tears.

"Ester!" I called her loudly, to make her listen that it's not my fault.

"Don't yell! I have borne your terrors once Desmond, I won't do it again. Don't raise your voice against me." She said, wiping her tears and giving me a seething look and walking away.

I exhaled, feeling guilty. My heart felt constricted, I felt bad.

I walked after Ester, trying to tell her that it's not me.

"Ester, Listen Please. I promise it's not me." I held her wrist. She winched and stopped in her tracks when I held her wrist.

"Ester, It's not me. I don't know who sent this. I am so sorry I don't want to make you cry. Please forgive me, I will find who did this. I won't let your old scars be dug out, I promise. But I swear I am not the one who had this with me."

"Heck, I haven't even seen your picture back then; then why would I see it now? Please don't cry. I don't want you to cry, it hurts to see your tears. Please... And I am sorry for speaking loudly, I won't do it again." I said, desperately, hurriedly. She pressed her teeth against themselves and lowered her head. She sniffed and wiped her tears again with her free hand.

"Please let go of my hand Desmond, it hurts." She said and I quickly let go of her hand.

My gaze traveled down to her hand, her long sleeves moved upwards, I saw some kind of mark on her hand. I held her hand and asked, softly, "Please forgive me."

"It's okay.. I just couldn't think straight. I just lost my senses when I saw them." She said, looking away, not meeting my gaze. I moved her hand upwards and moved her sleeves.

My eyes widened when I saw she had cuts on her wrist. My heart stopped, as I was deluged in terror of she has done and since when. I lost my ability to think.

My heart felt like it's in a desolate place filled with misery. Tears brimmed in my eyes as I looked at Ester who was looking down; ashamed, not being able to meet my gaze.

"What did you do, Ester?" I asked in a whisper.

"Is that why you didn't let me touch you and wear long sleeves?" I asked, feeling heartbroken. She bit her lips and nodded.

"Why?" I asked as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"You weren't the only one who suffered back then.. I..I.." She was at the loss of words. My heart was torn to pieces, my mind couldn't comprehend the things around me.

I let out a sob and pulled her in a hug. She gripped my shirt and buried her face in my chest. I kissed her head and whispered

"I am sorry.. I am so sorry.. Please don't be hurt anymore.. I want to fix everything... please don't break like that.. Please.. " I said in a hurt voice.

"I.. I.." She tried to say. I pulled her closer and said reassuringly, "Shh.. It's okay Ester, don't force things upon yourself.." She sniffed and nodded. We remained like that and after a while, I slowly pulled away. She was looking down with a sad smile.

"I am glad to have you with me." She said, still not leaving my shirt.

"I am the one who should be thanking you." I replied, cupping her cheeks and caressing them gently. I kissed her forehead and gave her a side hug.

After calming Ester, I decided to go back to my work, since it's still afternoon.

After a tiresome day, I went back home. We were having dinner in silence but then I said, "Burn those pictures."

"Already did." She replied. I smiled and continued to eat.

"Ester..' I called her.

"I was thinking that it would be good if we went out..." I trailed off. She looked at me , waiting for me to continue.

"I want.. Do you want to go for our honeymoon?" I asked nervously. a blush crept upon her cheeks, she tugged her hairs behind her ears and laughed nervously, "Yeah.. Why not?"

"Where do you want to go?" I asked with my heart beating fast.

"Uh.. anywhere.. but not to a crowded place.."

"Okay.. I will see."

"We can go back to that vacation house of yours too.."

"No! I don't want to go there.."

"It's okay, I don't mind, I kinda liked that place." She said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"But Ester."

"Desmond. I am just suggesting ,I just loved that place, we can go there. That place would be filled with happy memories.... Besides,That place is unforgettable for me ."

Me too. She mumbled. My heart picked its pace when I heard it, feeling strange yet satisfactory sensations in me.

"As you wish." I said, smiling.

My heart skipped a beat when I remembered our honeymoon,