29: BREAKFAST

The rest of the car ride was silent between the two, but it was comfortable. Both of them were having conversations in their head on what just happened. Bradley was questioning what could've happened and Ana was questioned what just happened.

They got seated at a table and it only took a few moments for Bradley to ask what happened at base.

For a second Ana contemplated how to tell him, but she just said what came to her mind right away, "The dipsh*t named Cyclone f*cking kicked me off the mission. I walked in there and he f*cking tells me he's sorry about my dad's recent passing acting like he gives a sh*t about my family. Oh and get this he said he deeply admired him and that he was thinking that he wouldn't want me to go on this mission in my 'mental state'. He doesn't get to give me sh*t about what my dad would've wanted for me. The most he gotten to ever knowing him was hearing stories, f*cking stories. He didn't know him like I did! And he still thought it was his place to talk to me like that. He's a f*cking a**hole." Her voice then cracked holding back her sobs yet again.

From all the listening it was Bradley's turn now to comfort her, he got up out of his chair opposite of her, walked around the table and sat right next to her. Immediately Ana's head fell onto his shoulder and Bradley wrapped his arm around her bringing her body closer to his while she dry sobbed into his shoulder.

He rubbed her back softly, "you, we, are going to find someway to get you back on the mission. We are not letting that d*ck kick you off this mission. If anyone out of all the pilots you deserve to be going."

"Don't you see Bradley!" She sat up taking her head off of his shoulder, "I'm done! I'm not going on this mission, I was kicked off!" Trying her best to bury her emotions she took a deep breath in and out but not big enough to be apparent.

"Not to be mean but seriously?!" He looked at her annoyed as she wasn't seeing the picture. Ana was taken aback from his sudden change of tone and looked at him confused. "You never give up like this! No matter how many d*cks you've run into in the navy." He waited to see if she would say something else but she was shocked at what he was saying so Ana was silent. "You are Ana F*cking Howard-Kazansky. You are not letting Cyclone do this to you. And Ice wouldn't want you to just give up, I know that for sure."

"But how?! I can't just walk right into his office and force him to give me my spot back. You know that." She comeplty agreed with everything he had just told her but had no idea what she could even do.

"You'll find a way you always do. That's one of the things I love about you. You never give up. I can't even keep track at how many times you've complained over the phone about another jacka** and then the next day you call me saying you figured it out. So yeah I know you can figure this one out."

"I guess I could whip something up," she shrugged her shoulders not fully believing she could actually get back on the mission.

"Atta girl. Just don't do anything stupid that could get you in anymore trouble."

"Oh don't worry, I won't." That was a total utter lie, if she at least was going to be kicked off the mission for good she was going to go out with a bang. "Oh also Maverick got kicked off the mission too by the way," she mentioned casually with a little bit of happiness in her voice.

"Really? Why haven't you told me yet!" A little part of him was scared that Maverick wasn't going to be teaching anymore. Not that he would even admit it but he wanted to make amends with Pete before they went their separate ways, Maverick had grown on him. And he oddly found having Maverick being with him cause reminders of what having a dad is like.

"Sorry it wasn't the first thing that came to my mind to share. "Oh Ana what happened in there?" Oh Maverick got kicked off the mission along with me." She mimicked his voice oddly good while making too many hand gestures just like he did.