16: THE TRUTH

16- The Truth

Anxiety found it's place in all pilots and WSO's minds as the mission crept up on them. The life endangering mission was only shy of 14 days away and they barley had any success with reaching the target. But the beach day had helped greatly to push all of them together as a team, though there still was a clear barrier between Maverick, Bradley and Ana. Slowly Maverick was starting to slither his way back into their hearts by having short conversations typically cut off by the younger pair or he would compliment their flying.

Ana was also still recovering from her PTSD attack, Bradley had tried many times to get Ana to stay home for the day. But she wouldn't budge, she wanted to go on the mission, she was going on the mission, so she needed to be there to practice.

Since Ana was starting to become more like herself she decided it was time to get back at Jake. But she would hold off a little bit since he did help her with the flashback. She enlisted Phoenix, Bob, Payback, Fanboy and of course Bradley into the prank. They would be doing most of the work. Ana told them to tell Hangman about the pranks she had pulled on Bradley many times and some she had pulled on them. This caused Hangman to look around every corner, jump at the slightest noise in a quiet room and he was overall just paranoid. She just decided not to tell him that he was getting pranked the whole time, so Jake continued to be paranoid around base.

Training had gone the same as a lot of the other days did. No one got near the target, but they were somewhat getting close. Ana was also getting back into her normal humorous self. That night Ana was with Bradley and she got her usually every other day call from Sarah but this time she told her to come to the house.

"Of course I'll come! Unless if your not making dinner. Then..."she trailed off smirking into the phone.

"Yes Ana." Sarah chuckled, "there will be dinner."

Bradley gave her a confused look searching her face for answers on who she was talking to.

"Can Bradley come? He's here right now." Bradley gave her an alarmed look wondering what she was trying to drag him along to. He immediately shook his head 'no' knowing he had plans later. Ana took notice but just ignored him and pushed his face back with her hand.

"Eh..."she trailed off trying to find the words, "let's just make it a family dinner tonight A. We want to finally catch up with you!"

"Ok ok fine." She didn't push since Bradley seemed like he didn't want to go. "Maybe next time then. See you at 4?"

"See you soon." With that Sarah hung up.

"Who was that?" Bradley asked once she set the phone down. "It was Sarah and Ice. They invited me over for dinner to catch up. Leaving in like an hour, I asked for you to come but she said next time. Something sounded off with Sarah." She got off the couch and made her way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"It's probably nothing." He tried to calm her dark thoughts. "Yeah I know your right. I'm going to go get ready then. You can stay here if you-"

"I can't today. I actually have a date in," he looked at his watch on his wrist, "2 hours"

Ana stood there confused. Did she hear those words right that came out of his mouth? "You." She pointed at him, "Bradley Bradshaw. You have a date?"