19: KAZANSKY

19- Kazansky

Jake sat there waiting and waiting for Ana wondering what was taking her so long. All he was wondering was what she was doing in there. His question was answered soon by Ana running out of the court house so unbelievably happy.

"Woah Howard what happened in there!" He asked when she opened the door to his truck jumping in the passenger seat still with a laser white smile on her face.

"Actually Seresin it's Howard-Kazansky now." She held up an official piece of paper reading 'Ana Howard-Kazansky'.  "I changed my last name! When I was younger I didn't want to add on because I thought I was throwing my dad's last name out. But recently I had a change of heart." She didn't feel informing the fact that he was dying, she didn't want word to spread.

"Wow! Congrats! I bet Admiral Kazansky will be very happy."

"Yeah. Yeah he will be." She smiled knowing how happy he would be when she told him. "Listen thank you so so much for bringing me here but can you bring me home? I know I said we could go to the house then but I just want to go alone sometime. I'll call an Uber."

"Of course. It's your family Ana. And no you can use my truck if you need to." He made the amazing gesture.

"Really?" She was really touched by his gesture.

"Totally. I'm not going anywhere tonight so it's all yours. Just get it back in one piece."

"Deal. Now let's go back so I can go. Sorry but I'm so excited to tell them. I can't believe my name now is Ana Howard-Kazansky."

"It suits you." Ana looked at him surprised, "it just sounds good with your first and last name. Now everyone is going to know your a Kazansky."

"Maybe it's not such a bad thing. I've already proved myself to them I think. Showed them that I could actually do it, that I am here for a reason."

"You are."

Jake pulled up in front of his apartment putting his truck in park and he got out of the front seat allowing Ana to slide over.

"Have fun telling them. And just knock on my apartment door when you get back to give me the keys. I'll be up."

"Thank you so much Jake. Today just proved that you actually do have a heart in there." She poked him in the chest.

"Ha-ha. Now go tell them!"

All Ana could think about when she was driving was wow her name was actually changed. She had always been a Kazansky since they adopted her but now her name actually showed it. She pulled into their fancy driveway and basically ran to the front door.

Walking straight through the front door Ana went into the kitchen which was where they usually were around this time eating dinner. Of course she walked in and they were there sitting eating a meal only big enough for two.

"Hey hey hey!" Ana screamed running and skipping into the kitchen.

"God Ana! Don't do that!" Sarah scolded her like a 26 year old kid.

"Sorry sorry I just have really exciting news." She was practically jumping with excitement.

Do share Ice's computer voice spoke.

"No." She sat down at the table with them, "after dinner. It's more of an after dinner thing. Also don't want you guys to choke on your food."

Sarah and Tom just looked at Ana like it was nothing new. Of course they had known that she was dramatic. Often when she was young they had a hard time telling if something serious happened or something minor. Usually it ended up being something minor in most cases.