21: DAD

21- Dad

Ana stood there nearly in happy tears from what Ice had done for her. Howard-Kazansky being her last name felt even more real now. Of course it was real as soon as the court approved of it, but actually seeing her name out in writing on her aircraft was so surreal for her.

She heard voices coming through her helmet, "Rogue what are you doing?" That was the voice of Fanboy.

"Sorry sorry I'm going." She snapped out of her thoughts and climbed in the plane hand running over her name.

While she was getting all ready Payback and Fanboy were talking between each other not going through the comms.

"Does her plane say 'Howard-Kazansky'?!" Payback asked squinting. Fanboy then looked over at the plane to see for himself if it did.

"Sh*t. Yeah it does. I didn't know she was a Kazansky!" He was shocked. "Was that there before?"

"Not that I remember. She's not married right?" Payback asked very confused.

"Not that she's mentioned! And Admiral Kazansky doesn't have any kids to my knowledge."

"No he does have a daughter I heard. Never seen her though. And I've never seen Ana with a girl. I thought she had a thing for Bradshaw."

They weren't even considering Ana was said daughter because her last name since they've known her has always been Howard. And she's never mentioned the admiral at any occasion of knowing him beyond a work level.

"Same! Well there goes that bet, we all lost. Did anyone bet that she would be already married to a woman?" Fanboy laughed because it was so unexpected.

"That girl is keeping major secrets. We will have to ask her later. I need all the tea."

"Well invite me because I need it too."

"You boys ready?" Ana's voice came through their comms.

"Yep, let's turn and burn." Payback answered for them.

All of them made their way out to the course entering and setting the timer to show how much time they had left. They had worked well together before, but honestly this time Ana's head was on the outside of her aircraft not being able to get over the fact that it read Howard-Kazansky.

"Geez Ana watch out your going to run into the wall!" Fanboy warned her.

"Sh*t!" She adjusted herself to get back on the path. She shook her head violently trying to get her new last name out of her head.

"You good Rogue?" Payback asked between breaths.

"Just dandy. Let's finish this thing!" She was now focused and ready. Tuning everything out of her personal life she was all in focused on her flying and completing the course. Finally making it to the steep climb part of the course Ana informed that she was "pulling up in three, two, one," they both pulled back the joystick climbing up the small part of the mountain.

"Fanboy where's my laser?" Ana asked demandingly.

"I can't get lock on it! I'm trying! Im trying!" He was struggling to get it in aim. "It's no good sorry Rogue."

"Dammit." She took off her mask not even making the steep climb up. It was too late to even try and hit the target.

Landing her plane Ana didn't go into the waiting room area instead she made her way to the bathrooms. Leaning over the sink hands on each side and looking into the mirror at herself. Her brown hair pulled back in a tight bun, the light makeup she had quickly put on this morning and the disappointed look on her face.