17: PROUD

17- Proud

The sun had risen and it was peaking through the window directly hitting Ana's face. Minutes later her 6 o'clock alarm went off waking the person who only had gotten three hours of restless sleep. Eyes all puffy and red she got up going into the bathroom to find the toothbrush that she always left there. Looking at her face it was clear that she had cried last night.

After brushing her teeth she washed her face with cold water trying to get rid of all the puffiness. It sort of worked but it was still enough to be noticeable. She slipped back on the clothes she wore yesterday and made her way downstairs after she had made her bed looking like she was never there. Walking down the stairs she smelled bacon and pancakes. Yum. So she made her way to the kitchen and saw Sarah in her robe along with Ice who was sitting at the table already dressed.

"Morning Ana. How'd you sleep?" Sarah questioned while putting pancakes on a plate for her, "Ana are you ok?" Dammit she took notice to her puffy eyes. She was always good at spotting stuff like that. Ice looked up from the paper concerned.

"Don't worry I'm fine. Just a nightmare last night. Makes sense since I just had a flashback a few days ago. Don't worry." She lied well.

"Awe I'm sorry sweetie. They'll get better soon, they always do in a couple days. Probably didn't help sleeping somewhere where you haven't slept in awhile.

Ana sat down poured syrup on her pancakes and took a bite. "No, probably not. These are amazing Sarah. Everything you make is."

Yes your cooking is amazing Ice's phone spoke out.

"Thanks you two." She sat down with them at the table.

Minutes later the clock hit 7 and Ana realized that she would be more late if she didn't leave yet. They had to meet in base today at 7:30am. "Shit!" Ana screamed out as she realized. This scream caused Sarah and Ice to jump. "sorry I have to go or I'll be late," she flew out of her chair dropping her silverware on her plate and went to say bye to them. "Thank you thank you thank you for letting me stay." She made her way to them giving them a hug. She reached her hug to Ice and sat there hugging him for a bit longer. "I love you. Bye!" Ana grabbed a piece of bacon and ran out the front door to her Jeep.

Before she could go into training she had to put on her flight suit. Pulling up to base already 8 minutes late she ran into the locker room threw on her jumpsuit and ran to the briefing room. Fast she reached the doors and slowed down once she got to the doors. Shit, she realized she didn't put her hair up. Fast she grabbed a hair tie from her wrist just pulling her hair back to the messy bun. Ana looked at this point like she'd been hit by a bus. Opening the doors everyone looked back at her, she ignored this and made her way to sit down next to Bradley.

"How nice of you to join us." Maverick said standing in front of the room. Ana just grumbled some nonsense and made her way over to sit next to Bradley.

Bradley looked over at her shocked wondering what could've happened. Taking notice to her puffy eyes he asked, "Are you okay?"

"Just peachy." She responded sarcastically.

Bradley wanted to say more but Maverick started talking again. "Hangman, Phoenix and Bob your up first. Good luck." Everyone was making there way out of the room and so was Ana but Mav called out, "Lieutenant Howard. Come here."