Chapter 9: I'm pregnant!

Start from the beginning

For a moment I considered taking the stairs instead of the elevator, that way I wouldn't risk seeing him again. But even I knew it was madness for me to walk up thirty flights of stairs.

I pressed the button waiting for the elevator.

Even in the elevator, I felt I wasn't safe. One thing was clear, there was no escaping him, I just needed to hope for the best.

I stepped into the hotel room.

There was much to be done here, most parts of the suite had already been cleaned. It was just the usual changing of bedsheets and putting new towels in the rooms. Everything else had been set.

Within two hours, I had completed all my tasks.

Before stepping out of the suite, I peeked to see if Tristan was anywhere in sight. My paranoia was taking me to new heights. What would he even be doing here on this floor?

I went to the break room for some tea. It wasn't every day that I didn't have as many tasks to do. I know I had some rooms to clean later on but those too didn't have any guests.

My shadow stepped into the room; Marcus arrived. I have no idea why we keep bumping into each other considering how big this hotel is.

"Seeing that your friend still isn't done, why don't you go and help her out," Marcus suggested.

I sighed getting off my feet.

I arrived at Maddison's suite; Ivy was busy cleaning up the living room while Maddison paced the room.

"I need to put my clothes in the closet," Maddison instructed pointing at the seven bags. I have no idea where she expected me to put those clothes, last I checked there was no space left. The walk-in closets were huge, but she was the first guest to fill them up to the brim.

I carried the bags to her walk-in closet.

After rearranging some things and pushing others close together, I smiled at the final product, happy with my organizational skills. I didn't think that I would be able to make all these clothes fit.

Maddison stepped into the room speaking on the phone.

"I knew what I'm doing mom," Maddison answered.

She walked to the closet, searching for an outfit.

Instead of searching through the closet like a normal person, I watched as she pulled the clothes off the hangar and pilled them onto the floor, she didn't even want to wear those clothes.

I couldn't help but stare at her in disbelief.

"Everyone knows powerful men like him just want some dumb bimbo he can parade around as his trophy wife. That's why I did what I had to do, know it looks like I have to move on to something smarter, give them a little taste of the real Maddison Riley.

She finally pulled out the jacket that she wanted.

"You should have seen her mother; the old woman is unbearable. I think she is going to be a problem; I need to deal with her quickly before she becomes a problem." She spoke.

With the way she sounded on the phone, I'd hate to become her enemy.

"I need this plan to work before everyone finds out that our family is going bankrupt," Maddison whispered.

She turned towards me to see if I was listening, I quickly turned away and pretended as if I had been fixing the flowers.

"I have to go now," She answered.

She hung up the phone.

"I need you to put all these clothes back in my closet," She instructed pointing at the pile of clothes she had created.