Ten minutes later all the batchers were waiting outside beside Hunter’s truck where Hera and Omega were in the seats. They would be in the middle with Wrecker while Crosshair sat up front with Hunter driving. Echo and Tech leaned against the truck waiting on Fives car which as they talked about it appeared in the distance. Hunter made sure to back the Silverado onto the street just as Fives pulled up. Sheila emerged from the house last as she climbed into Five’s car. It took Echo a minute to realise that Rex was driving and it was actually Rex’s car. But, where was his twin? The troublemaker was nowhere in sight. “Morning” Ahsoka said a little too cheerfully, Tech was only polite and replied back as he climbed into the middle of the smaller car. He was basically sitting so one of his legs was over Echo’s lap, his husband didn’t seem to mind. 

Echo could tell Rex was tense in the car but he refrained himself from pointing it out as they pulled up to the cemetery. There parked in front of them was Five's police cruiser and the man it belonged to was speaking to Cody and Obi-one, the discussion looked intense but dropped as soon as Ahsoka and Rex came nearby. The funeral, although small, was private and Amber was to be buried in the peaceful gardens that were littered with flowers. Rex gave the signal for Hunter, Jesse, Crosshair and Fives to pick up the coffin which held his daughter, all eyes were on the four. Before they picked it up, Hunter squeezed Crosshairs hip in comfort. The marksman smiled at him until the four picked it up and their faces were impassive. 

The small ceremony was beautiful and the long walk down to the grave where the four men carried it all the way down until it was taken off them by those who would lower it. After another message from the beautiful individual who spoke kind words about Amber Steiner and tears were shed. It was time for them all to throw a flower or some dirt in. Omega and Hera were the first to do so with the colourful petals of the flowers they held. They said their silent goodbye. After their actions, many people followed saying their own prayers to the lost child. 

Until there were only five remaining around the grave. Hunter picked up some petals and said his words before he walked away but not too far since Crosshair had yet to do it. Those joining Crosshair were Ahsoka, Rex, Kix and Fives. The bad batch watched from a couple of paces away as Crosshair took a step forward and said something that made the other four look his way with smiles before he dropped a few flowers. Crosshair then turned to walk over to Hunter and hug him, the ex-sergeant wrapped him up tightly allowing him to hide slightly from the cruel world. 

Kix was next to leave the graveside and make his way to Jesse’s side. Ahsoka and Rex said their goodbyes, they went to move when they watched as Fives removed his dog tags from around his neck for a minute, the man looked them over. Fives sighed as he wrapped a flower around his dog tags and without hesitating he dropped them into the grave below. Echo smiled, he knew what that meant. In other words, Fives hoped his dog tags would protect the child that fought her own battles while having someone guard her back and that someone was everyone who loved Amber Steiner. 

Ahsoka and Rex stood stunned at the actions of Fives, the man took a minute more to look at the white beautiful casket which held basically his adoptive daughter since she called him ‘papa’. With a gentle sigh he looked at the blue sky and smiled thinking about the fact Amber was no longer in any pain, she was free to soar high in the skies above. He must have looked like a madman as he shared a grin with Echo as he led the way back to the cars. Fives was going to continue when he recognised a headstone he bypassed. Coming to a stop beside it, he read: ‘Evan Miles died age 21’. A hand on his shoulder made him jump, he turned to see Echo smiling at him, “I know we never got rid of it but Five’s you survived that's all that mattered”. Fives only smiled ignoring the glances of pain he continued up to where his car was parked where a certain marksman was leaning on. If it were anybody else Fives would yell but Crosshair and Fives shared a special bond that not even Echo could understand as half the time Crosshair was glaring at Fives but then again somethings aren't meant to make sense.

"What can I do for you?" Fives asked, ignoring the wobble in his vocal cords. Crosshair rolled his eyes and wrapped Fives up in his arms, no sooner did it happen. Fives let out a sob he had been holding in, the marksman tightened his grip and signalled for Wrecker to stand in front of them. The giant said nothing as he complied. Fives continued to sob into Crosshairs shoulder with the marksman reassuring him that it was okay and he was safe. See the thing is Fives was the only person Crosshair had contact with since the man was running spec ops missions with the marksman back in the time in the army when they were serving time. A lot of unfortunate men had been set up and those who did ran a spec ops squad, the two were lucky to have even been on the same team as well as have survived the torture they went through. It seemed the physical torture had passed but the mental ones stayed and they would be there for a long time.

"Everytime this happens I just see George, the boy from the prison" Fives mumbled into Crosshairs shoulder, he only tightened his grip and whispered something back. "Will you?" Fives gestured to his car, Crosshair nodded and he made a signal to say two minutes. 

Fives watched as Crosshair spoke to Hunter and his husband looked in Fives' direction with concern before he kissed the marksman's head and nodded. Crosshair only smirked as he made his way past Wrecker, he patted his shoulder in thanks and climbed into the passenger seat of Fives cruiser. Rex looked at his boyfriend in shock when Fives waved slightly to say 'See you there'.  Ahsoka smiled which dropped into a frown when she saw Crosshair in the front of the car, she was very concerned but she didn't have time to express it as Sheila directed her to Rex's car. 

Crosshair gestured for Tech and Echo to climb in, since there was more room. The two accepted the offer telling the others they would see them back at Rex's. Soon enough all cars left the cemetery and were heading back to the place of memories. Fives took a slower drive, even to the fact. Jesse, who was the last to leave, passed him on the highway. Kix looked out the window in confusion but Tech being Tech just waved confusing them even more. 

A ping from Fives phone made the twin frown, Crosshair reached for it after confirmation from Fives. He opened the message and read:"Are you sure you want to continue driving in that shiny blue cruiser?" The message was from an unknown sender, Crosshair frowned until it made sense. Rex's car was blue. 

Without hesitation Crosshair grabbed the radio and signalled Rex who picked up, 

"Fives, is everything alright?"

"No it's not! Get out of the car and back away from it right now!"

"Crosshair?"

"Just do as I say, NOW!" 

Ta Da! Stay Tuned for more chapters coming next week! :)
Enjoy!
Thank you to those who continue to read and vote. Your comments are much appreciated! ;)