Chapter 13: The Movie

~Danni's POV~

By the time I had my food from a Mcdonald's, everyone else had already gotten their seats. They had squeezed a few small tables together and they were all squeezed into their chairs. Yet again, the only empty seat was next to Louis and I knew, somehow I would end up sitting next to him. The chairs were so close that I knew we would end up touching, which would drive me up the wall. Perrie was sitting on the other side of the empty chair, sharing a milkshake with Zayn. She called me over, telling me to sit next to her. I did and as I predicted my leg touched Louis's.

I sat quietly, dipping my fries into my milkshake and watching the news on a nearby TV. Surely enough, an interview of my boy toy came onto the screen. I rolled my eyes as they asked him questions about me and how he felt about my spending so much time close to Lou. The paparazzi must've seen us in the parking lot, they had a picture of me walking near Louis while I was laughing at a joke that Josh had said. They made it look as if I was laughing with Lou. What ass holes! They made everything sound so dramatic. They made it look like Justin was the victim. Some reporters luckily, remembered the Grammy incident and didn't blame me for going back to Louis. Justin finished the interview by saying how much he loved me. I rolled my eyes and continued eating my fry. I wanted to punch him in the face for making me look bad.

"What an idiot!" Perrie said. I tried to look at her in a way that said and 'I love him for it' but failed miserably. "Oh cut the crap! We all know that you loathe him!" she said.

"Geez what gave me away?" I said like I was completely surprised.

"So it is a contract!" Harry said, making an obvious look towards Lou.

~Louis's POV~

"So it is a contract!" Harry said, looking at me with huge eyes. It made me feel better knowing that she didn't actually love him.

"Yea, is it that obvious?" She said, blushing that adorable blush.

"Well we know you and what you look like when you really, truly, love someone." Zayn added, it was my turn to blush.

"Madly and deeply." Niall added, referencing our song. We all kind of giggled.

"I can tell that you aren't in love with him, but you are in love with someone else." Perrie said winking at Danni. She choked on her milkshake, but recovered quickly.

"It's complicated." She said simply.

~

~Danni's POV~

"I don't know why you won't just talk to him." Bay said once we got home. It was now dark and we planned to have a movie night since our flight to Ghana would be tomorrow. I sat on our bed in my pajamas, snuggling my pigeon. Bay was running around the room like a madwoman, trying to get ready for tomorrow.

By the time we had made it into the living room, the boys had already picked a movie, Paranormal Activity. Everyone in the room knew that I was easily terrified, made worse by my own personal experience. So was Bay but she was already snuggled next to Josh. Liam gestured for me to sit next to him and so I did, except it, once again, sat me right next to Lou. Something fishy was going on but I was too afraid to ask. Zayn turned out the lights and took his seat on the floor. I wrapped a blanket around my shoulders and pulled my knees up to my chest, sitting as close to Liam as possible without sitting directly in his lap. While the opening credits played, i ran back to my room and grabbed Kevin. He was kind of my substitute for Lou.

The movie began to play just as I sat back down. As I suspected, I was terrified. Almost to the point of tears. I screamed every time something happened and gave the people advice like 'Don't go in there! Don't go in there! OH MY GOD! I said Don't go in there!' They all laughed at me as I cuddled my little pigeon.

"I will be right back." Liam said, unhooking me from his shirt. I frowned at him. "I'll get some popcorn." I nodded and let go of his shirt. I knew the climax of the movie was coming soon and I knew it would probably make me pee myself without Liam there.

I screamed as something happened to the main character, I didn't even know what, I just knew it was terrifying. I was practically sitting on the back of the couch and sobbing.

~Louis's POV~

It always upset me to see her like this, that's why I never let us watch movies like this. She was clutching the pigeon I had given her like a little girl. Quite frankly, I was shocked that she kept it, and named it Kevin to boot. She curled into a fetal position on the couch and continued to cry. Every fiber of my being told me to comfort her. My heart was saying go to her but my brain was saying 'Don't listen to that idiot! It'll be awkward!' Like always I listened to my heart and slid closer to her, while my brain called me an idiot and mentally slapped me.

Casually, I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and she gratefully gripped my shirt and pulled herself closer to me. I missed this. I needed to comfort her in some way, it was in my nature. She kept screaming and every time something would happen, she would bury her face further into my chest. This was exactly what we needed. I rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head until the movie finally drew to a close.

By the time the credits finished, everyone was asleep, spread out on the floor and couches. She was lightly snoring in that adorable way. Carefully I stood up and picked her up, carrying her to her room bridal style. She was such a heavy sleeper. I gently placed her on her bed and pulled the sheets over her. I resisted the urge to kiss her on the forehead as I turned to walk out the door. As I turned out the light, I heard her yawn. "Hey Lou, can you stay here for a while?" she said tiredly as she yawned from the bed. I smiled in her direction even though it was too dark to see.

I stumbled in the dark toward her bed and crawled under the covers. She turned around and snuggled her head into my chest. This is what I missed most about her. Only this time she wasn't mine to have. She loved Justin not me. She was soon fast asleep and in her sleep, she moved closer to me, the space between us was almost nonexistent. I never wanted this moment to end, yet it had to. It wasn't my moment to have.