Chapter 37 - The World

Hey guys, it's your author, Zoe! It's been ages, and I'm so sorry for not updating! I don't know if any of you are still interested to keep reading, but I'm back and feeling ready to write more chapters! We're switching gears with the story starting with this chapter. There's been a lot of suspense, foreshadowing and building up for what I believe will be the epitomy of this story. We're reaching that point, and we're reaching the point where we will soon be following the timeline of Season Four!! This chapter has a lot of known information if you've seen the show, but I found some people reading surprisingly haven't seen the show– Sorry if this chapter is tedious! I sadly will no longer be posting updates on tiktok, as I've removed tiktok in regards to my mental health, so you may need to pay attention to updates directly on wattpad from now on. I hope you all are still engaged in this story, and any feedback or support would be very much appreciated! Thank you all for making this story what it is today. Love y'all <3

~Reiner's POV~

I didn't want any of this. I didn't want to be in this position. I didn't want to fall in love with an island devil. I never wanted to be born an Eldian. I never wanted the burden of this mission, I just wanted acceptance. I wanted my father to see me, and know I existed. I wanted his love, and I wanted my mother to be proud. I wanted to be a Marleyan and erase whatever the island devils had done to taint my blood. But even so, after seeing Paradis, it's inhabitants, and how similar we all truly were, the few things I wanted weren't even there anymore. I wanted to go home. That was it. But even more so, I wanted Y/N to come home with me.

"You turned Annie in?" I asked. I wasn't so sure why I was asking, she said it herself.

"Yes... I did." Y/N said sadly, a tear streaming down her cheek. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault at all. It was too much for her, and something was bound to slip. How was I to expect her to drop everything she had known on Paradis? How was I to expect her to forget her family for the sake of me? It wasn't her fault, it was all mine.

"It's ok." I said. Y/N widened her eyes, and stepped back.

"No, Reiner! How can it be ok? She's been captured! You've been jeopardized! They're going to figure it all out and–"

"Come home with me." She looked at me. If quietness could be seen, it was present within her eyes. I grabbed her hands. "Y/N, you once asked to see my hometown, and why wait? We can go together! What's keeping us here on this damned island?" 

"Island?" She asked, even more confused.

"Y/N, you're living on an island called Paradis. There's a greater world out there, one with planes, cars, cameras, and my hometown: Marley." She looked at me, the confusion turning to worry.

"Reiner you're making no sense... What are all those words? I've never heard them before..." I sat her down on the bed, suddenly forgetting all about Annie, Bertholdt, all my worries. Suddenly, I found I could tell her everything.

"Marley is my home. And if you come with me, you can see what all those things are for yourself!" She watched me, trying to understand. "Y/N, I can show you the world. There are people all across the globe outside of those walls!" 

"This is all so much Reiner– What about Titans? Are the Titans in the rest of the world? How could we escape them? How could we even leave... Paradis, was it?" She was getting it, and my heart was fluttering with excitement.

"No, there are no Titans. There are only Titans on this island. Paradis Island." Y/N looked at me, some sort of sadness taking her over.

"Reiner, why are there only Titans on Paradis? Why doesn't the rest of the world have them?" Suddenly, my excitement dwindled. How could I tell her? What was I thinking letting myself tell her it all so suddenly? Her body was shaking from the fountain of information already, and I realized it was all too much. She may not even want to run away if she knew the truth of it all. The worst truth being the curse of Ymir.