Chapter 10 - Stained Blades and Damp Streets

Hey guys! Sorry this got posted so late, I accidentally slept in so the editing process took up a lot of time then I got distracted with a few things. The chapter is kinda short and jumps from topic to topic pretty quickly, but I'm hoping the end makes up for it! Have fun reading, and I love you guys!

Fighting back the tears as I hung from the wall, it came to my attention that the wall had been breached. Just like Shiganshina... We all stared at the hole in awe.

"Cannon maintenance team!" Eren shouted as he hung off the wall and pulled out his blades. "Prepare for combat! Our target is the Colossal Titan before us! This is our chance!" He released his wires and began propelling himself up the wall and towards the Titan. "Don't let it get away!" As Eren disappeared over the wall, the rest of us hesitated and stayed behind. All the faces around me were plagued with fear.

The Colossal swept the cannons off the wall with his arm, and we all moved out of the way as they came crashing down. I clenched my teeth as I zipped across the wall, dodging the cannons. When it was finally all clear, I shouted to the others.

"All right! We have to get up there and help Eren! There is no time to hesitate!" Connie and Thomas nodded as the three of us zipped up to Eren. Sasha stayed behind to help a cadet who had gotten injured during the fall. When we reached the top, the Colossal was gone and Eren was hanging off of the wall.

"It's the same as five years ago!" Eren shouted up to us. "He appeared out of nowhere and vanished just as suddenly!" He was right, it was the same as Shiganshina. An officer came up to the wall, alerting us to head to HQ. There was already a briefing being started on how we'll handle the breach.

I knew I had to report to HQ, but my mind was racing. Last night, Reiner had known something was going to happen on the wall. No wonder he wanted me on the streets with him so badly! But if he knew this would happen, what did it mean?

My heartbeat was so loud, I wondered if the others could hear it.

After reaching HQ and gearing up for the battle to come, we all met in the courtyard to be briefed. The commanding officer shouted our instructions and gave us information regarding what we knew about the breach so far.

"Messengers report that the advance team has been neutralized! The outer gate has been compromised, and Titans have entered the city!" The advance team had been sent out to prevent the Titans from entering the gate, and in that time, the majority of the citizens had been evacuated. "In other words, the Armored Titan may appear at any time, to destroy the inner gate!" If this really was indeed the same as Shiganshina, it was true the Armored Titan would come. If we lost the inner gate as well, it was almost certain humanity would be on the brink of extinction.

Our goal was to defend Wall Rose with our lives and prevent the Titans from reaching the evacuating citizens. They assigned me to Team 34 to support the vanguard. We waited for instructions on a roof near HQ. Mikasa was placed in the rearguard, while Eren and Armin were with me. I didn't know where Reiner was. The entire time I hadn't seen him, and I desperately needed to talk to him.

Reiner knew this would happen. I needed to know how, and why. Before I would learn the facts, I wasn't going to tell anyone else about the limited knowledge I possessed. I just hoped we would survive this, so I could find him and question him.

Reiner was close to me, and even if there were a possibility that he wasn't on our side or he did something he shouldn't have, I couldn't let myself reveal the suspicions I had to the others. No matter how much I desperately wanted to shout out my suspicions, something held me back.