Chapter 24 - Touch Me

!!SMUT WARNING!!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. A lot of things have been happening recently (positive things) so I've been seriously preoccupied. I've decided that postings are going to be more scattered from now on, so they won't be only on Saturday's at 3:00. I just can't keep up with that anymore. Also, if any of you have any recommendations about possible future smut chapters, please let me know. This is the only one I've done so far, and it is my first time writing smut so I'm open to suggestions. I hope you guys like it! <3

"Yeah whatever." Jean rolled his eyes and scoffed at Reiner. "It doesn't matter what I do. The minute you go and make her cry again, she's going to come to me. She'll be wishing she had never dated you in the first place." Jean began to turn away, putting his hands in his pockets. He snickered lightly. "I bet you won't even be able to keep her for another day," he said slyly. With that, Jean began to step forward, facing away from Reiner.

That was it. I couldn't do anything to stop it.

His next foot never touched the ground.

Reiner yanked Jean backwards abruptly, wrapping his muscular arm around Jean's neck. He gasped for air. Reiner was raging mad, something I had never seen in him before.

"I'll never make her cry again! Never! If I do, I wouldn't forgive myself! I can barely forgive myself for the first time!" Reiner wasn't the one being choked, but even he gasped for air. "So you watch it, Jean! Just get out of my damn way and mind your business! I love her more than you ever will!" It was possible Reiner had more to say, or maybe even some punches to throw, but Bertholdt ran over, pulling him out from under Jean. Both Connie and Mikasa pulled Reiner's arms off of Jean's neck. The rest of us stood there in shock.

Jean didn't say a word. He held his throat, and breathed heavily.

Looking at Reiner, he was fuming. Although, I could see his eyes glistening slightly.

Out of the corner of my eye, the Captain was staring at us from the doorway. I dared not look at him, but I wondered why he hadn't intervened. I reminded myself to turn my focus back to the scene in front of me. I needed to put an end to this.

"That's enough." I found myself saying. The others looked at me. I looked at Jean. "I'm with Reiner, and for the record, you kissed me first." I spoke harshly at first, then took a breath and changed my tone. I knew what had to be done. "Jean, you'll find someone who loves you for who you are. I'm sorry that wasn't me, and I'm sorry if it's been difficult watching me with Reiner, but you need to let me go." I looked to Reiner. "And you..." I hesitated. "We need to talk." I grabbed Reiner's hand and pulled him gently away from Bertholdt.

We walked away from the others, and I could hear the cadets begin to gossip behind me. When I looked back at the doorway we were about to walk through, it was empty with no trace of the captain. Reiner looked distraught. It was as though he was about to break. I knew I should've told him not to get so physical with Jean like that, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Just by looking at him, an instinct consumed me, where I had to take care of him no matter what.

When we reached my room I closed the door behind us. Reiner stood there looking at me, his expression guilt ridden and sad.

"Reiner," I moved closer to him and placed my hand on his broad chest. I looked up at him. "What's wrong? You can tell me." I traced my fingers on his chest, the same way I had the night before. He gazed at me and sighed.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" He smiled slightly, and I smiled back. "I just..." He paused. "I keep thinking that I'm going to lose you. Everywhere I turn there's something or someone trying to take you away from me. Whether it's Jean, or a Titan, or even someone else. I can't shake the feeling." He pulled away from me, and paced over to the window, where the moonlight shone through. He was turned away, but even so I felt the pain in his voice and could almost make out his every expression. "It's not just that..." He continued. "I feel that even if I have you all to myself and I manage to keep you close, I'll just hurt you anyway." His words made my heart ache. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him.