Chapter 25 - For You

Hey guys! Sorry postings have been so irregular and spaced out, but I've been taking a lot of advanced classes in school and I'm also trying to focus more on my acting career. I recently got casted as the lead in my school show and yesterday I finished the first show I've actually gotten paid for! It was awesome! I feel like it's been way too long since I've posted, but don't worry, I haven't given up on this fanfic and I still simp for Reiner more than any other character I've seen! Although, I gotta say, Himiko Toga from MHA is catching my eye... She'll be the first person I focus on once I release a series of MHA Oneshots! :D

I woke up before Reiner. His arms were still around me as he slept.

"Hey..." I whispered. "Are you up?"

"Shush..." He said sleepily. "I don't wanna wake up yet... just stay like this..." I realized it was the first time I had heard his morning voice. It was far lower than I ever thought his voice could be. It sent chills down my spine. I wondered if he could feel the goosebumps rise slowly on my skin.

"But Reiner, we have duties–"

"Fuck our duties!" He groaned, suddenly holding me tighter." I laughed, and brushed his arms away sitting up.

"C'mon. We've gotta get ready." I sat at the edge of the bed and stretched. I looked to Reiner, who I saw was staring at me. "What?" I asked him. He smiled, turning red.

"Nothing. I'm just looking at you." He paused for a moment. "If you want me to stop, I'll go back to sleep!" He said sarcastically turning over.

"No! You have to get up!" I exclaimed, yanking the pillow from under him.

"Hey!" He shouted. We both laughed as he tried to get the pillow back from me. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. We froze.

"Who– Who is it?" I asked aloud. Reiner and I looked at each other panicked. The two of us hadn't even gotten any of our clothes back on from the night. What was worse was the possibility of Hange returning to my door and finding Reiner in my room with me. 

"It's me, Annie." My blood ran cold. Reiner gave me a worried look. The prospect of Annie being outside the door was even more terrifying. What would she do if she knew Reiner had spent the night?

"Uh– Give me a second! I need to get changed!" I exclaimed loudly enough for her to hear. I then dropped my voice to a whisper. "Reiner! Get in the bathroom quickly while I put something on!" He hurriedly wrapped a blanket around himself, and shimmied over to the bathroom.

I quickly opened one of my drawers and slipped on a night gown. I made my way to the door and opened it. Annie stood there, with her arms crossed.

"Hey," she said coldly.

"Uh– Hey..." I replied nervously. I wondered why she was there. The last time I had seen her, Bertholdt had to take her away in tears. She desperately wanted me dead, and now she was at my door?

"Look," she began. "I wanted to come here and apologize for how I treated you." Although she was saying sorry, she still had her normal uncaring expression. I wondered if even when she was being genuine she acted that way, or maybe every word that came out of her lips was a lie.

"I– Um– It's ok..." I was at a loss for words. Not only was I analyzing her, but I couldn't think straight remembering that Reiner was just a few footsteps away from Annie and I, hiding in the bathroom.

"But I swear..." She continued. "If you tell anyone about Reiner and Bertholdt, no one will stop me from getting you." She paused, thinking to herself. "Still, if you're dating Reiner now, I guess you wouldn't want to hurt your boyfriend, so I assume you'll keep our secret." She smiled slightly.