𝒙𝒍. forty.

༺❦༻

❝ and your skin, oh yeah,
your skin and bones,
turn into something beautiful,
and you know, FOR YOU, i'd
BLEED myself dry !

yellow, coldplay.

&&

❝ now we're torn, torn,
torn apart, there's nothing
we can do, just LET ME GO,
we'll meet again soon !

little talks, of monsters and men.

&&

HEAVEN, when i held
you again, how could we
ever just be friends? i
would rather die than let
you go, JULIET TO YOUR
ROMEO !

until i found you, stephen sanchez
& em beihold.

AS SOON AS the grabber was certainly dead, finney got up and grabbed some of the meat that they found. they thought of it as an inconvenience at first, but it turns out, it actually helped divert the dog's attention away from them.

when the dog was out of the way, finney called out to jaelin, "aylin, we did it..holy shit we did it!"

jaelin came out from around the corner, leaning against it, almost as if she was using it for support. finney was confused as to why the two weren't getting the hell out of there. they made eye contact as his eyes examined her face: it was numb yet held so much pain.

he scrunched his face up in confusion, finding nothing wrong with her.

well, that was, until he looked at her body properly. once he did, his heart never dropped as fast as it did. he looked at her clothes, but one particular spot was more different then the rest.

how could it not? the crimson red stood out from her grey flannel like red paint on a white wall.

finney looked at her torso, specifically her stomach, where blood was leaking out by the second. his breathing quickened as he looked back up to see jaelin already looking at him.

"finney..?" she mumbled before collapsing onto the floor. the dirty blond wasted no time in rushing towards her, sitting on the ground and bringing her upper body into his arms.

"aylin! aylin? no- no no no! how did this- when?!" finney took off her flannel and used it to cover the deep wound, applying pressure to hopefully stop the bleeding.

jaelin felt herself slipping in and out of consciousness. finney kept one hand applying pressure and the other to hold jaelin. he looked over and saw her eyelids slowly dropping and re opening. she was fighting to keep awake for a little longer.

"aylin when- how did this happen?! no, we- we did it! we can get out of here just, just hold on a little longer, okay?" he started trembling as tears spilled out more than ever.

jaelin knew she wasn't going to make it.

why?

lets re-wind to what you missed.