𝒗𝒊𝒊. seven

༺❦༻

❝ yeah, i'd rather be a lover than
a FIGHTER, 'cause all my life i've
been FIGHTING !

silence, marshmello & khalid.

ROBIN AND JAELIN were walking to school like always, with his arm draped around her. they walked through their normal pathway, but jaelin suddenly stopped.

robin was about to question her but quickly realised what she was staring at: a missing poster of billy. he frowned, bringing the girl closer to his side.

"do you think they'll find him?" she asked robin quietly as the two started walking again.

robin didn't know how to answer that question. for one, the police still haven't found the other missing boys, and it's been a year. he didn't want to believe that there was no hope, but hope was running thin at this point.

"robin?" jaelin asked him worriedly. he hasn't responded to her for a moment, making her regret her question.

"what? oh- yeah, yeah i think so." he mustered a slight smile before looking forward.

jaelin was about to reply when suddenly she felt a pair of arms wrap around her shoulders and the familiar braids of a certain middle schooler.

"jaelin noelle covey!" gwen exclaimed, giving her a tight hug, "what the hell? we heard what happened and you two weren't at school yesterday! are you okay-"

"uh, gwen- you're squeezing the shit out of her." robin chuckled, seeing jaelin try to breathe.

"hm? oh, sorry!" she stepped away, standing next to finney who greeted robin shortly before.

"no it's okay," she stood up properly, "and yeah, we're fine, don't worry." she smiled at the two blake siblings.

they nodded as gwen linked her arms with jaelin, "good because we have a lot to catch up on. you wouldn't believe the day i had yesterday!"

jaelin giggled at her best friend's antics as the two made their way towards school whilst gwen filled her in.

finney and robin started trailing behind shortly after. "so, when are you going to tell her?" finney asked him.

"tell who what?" robin asked, pretending to act clueless. he knew exactly who he was talking about.

"you know who and what, robin." finney rolled his eyes. robin shrugged, "what? that you like that donna chick? then sure-"

"what?! no! i don't-?!" finney shook his head abruptly, denying it. though the light pink on his cheeks say otherwise.

"well, i'll tell her when you tell donna." robin grinned, knowing he was in the clear. as much as he believed in finney and was his best friend, he knew finney didn't have the courage to tell donna.

finney scoffed, "that is so not fair?!"

robin laughed, "life's not fair sometimes, finney boy." he patted the boy's shoulder with a grin.

"i don't know how aylin puts up with your shit eating grin everyday." finney shook his head with an amused smile.

"what can i say finn? i'm a ladies man." robin puffed out his chest as finney chuckled.

"a 'ladies man' and yet you can't even tell your girl best friend how you feel. yeah, totally." the blond snickered as robin nudged him slightly.

"wow, finneas blake actually making a decent comeback? i'm impressed," robin put a hand to his heart, "they grow up so fast."

"finneas? seriously?" finney raised his brows.

"it's either that or finney blake the third. love it or leave it." robin laughed.

"you're so weird."

"blame it on jaelin. i've been around her too much that weirdo is rubbing off on me."

finney smirked, "i'm gonna tell her you said that."

"finneas blake don't you dare-"

JAELIN WAS AT her locker, getting her books for fourth period. the day has been the same as always, though she caught finney staring at donna and teased him for half the day.

it wasn't until she heard a rather annoying voice that she stopped what she was doing and pretended to look through a book before eavesdropping.

"did you hear robin arellano this morning? he wants to tell his girl best friend how he feels! and obviously me and him are super close so it's definitely me."

jaelin's eyes widened as she quickly turned to her locker mirror. she pretended she was fixing her mascara but she moved the mirror to behind her.

of fucking course, it was vianna talking to a bunch of freshman girls. she felt bad for the freshmans, seeing as the girls looked both annoyed and scared of her.

she laughed to herself. please, vianna isn't the least bit scary. well, to her anyway.

"i'm just waiting until he tells me. he's been all over me since like, the fifth grade." vianna smiled brightly, playing with her hair.

jaelin so badly wanted to get her book and chuck it towards her head. spreading rumours was one thing, but purposely twisting the facts was another.

vianna and the group eventually left, leaving jaelin to process the 'information.'

she was confused, but one things for sure was that vianna was certainly not his girl best friend. jaelin was. and anyone with two eyeballs in their heads would clearly see that.

but if what robin was saying was true, then would that mean...

no! c'mon jaelin, that's never gonna happen. it's probably all lies, knowing how vianna is.

usually, whatever came out of vianna's mouth, jaelin never really cared anymore.

so why did she dwell on her words longer? why was it affecting her in a way she couldn't understand herself?

with an annoyed and tired sigh, she grabbed her history book and shut her locker. finney and robin weren't in her history class, so she had nothing else to do but ponder on vianna's words...as much as she didn't want to.

୧ ׅ𖥔 ۫ iloveblondead speaks ! ⋄ 𓍯

wanted to add a little
something before the
main plot🫠

༺❦༻