𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. twenty-three

༺❦༻

❝ and if somebody HURTS you,
i wanna FIGHT !

another love, tom odell.

JAELIN DIDN'T KNOW how long she was in the room. if she had to guess, probably two or three days.

she would stay awake with her thoughts until she was too tired and passed out. she was still an early bird- which truly was a gift and a curse, so she awoke when light was starting to show from the window.

whenever she did, she would always wake up to cooked eggs on a plate on top of a tray and a bottle of water next to it. at first, she didn't trust it, not eating it and preferred to starve than die from food poisoning.

unbeknownst to the girl, the grabber had obtained valuable information unintentionally from his brother, max. sure, he was pissed off that his brother gave away the most basic things that could lead jaelin to knowing who he was, but all those things he learned were minor, fixable things.

but there was a point where she couldn't physically think and function without food. so alas, she ate the food and drank the water. though, not a lot, because there was no bathroom at all.

she felt unhygienic the second she got here, and the mattress was for sure moulding away. however, that wasn't her main focus right now. she's tried relentless times to try and escape, but failed miserably each time.

during the time she was there, she managed to finally process and piece together what happened the last couple days.

the man who kidnapped her and robin was, in fact, the grabber. she was sure of it.

she hated herself for leading her and robin to this. it was her fault. the one time she let her guard down and followed a stupid balloon in a deserted area, lead for her to be stuck in a room and robin somewhere unknown to her.

she was stupid. more than stupid. she shouldn't have been so curious. after all, curiosity did kill the cat.

and unfortunately, she might just be the cat in this situation. she just hoped robin was okay.

ROBIN WAS NOT okay. not even in the slightest bit. it was crazy how it felt like just a second ago, him and jaelin were walking to the store, not having a care in the world other than getting snacks and going back to his house.

robin went through the same routine the previous boys did. he'd get scrambled eggs and a bottle of sprite for breakfast, nothing else. he was trapped in a basement containing a mattress and window, a pathway leading to a small area with a bunch of rolled up carpets and a toilet.

oh, and how could he forget about the black phone hung near the right of the mattress on the wall. but it was broken. it didn't work, no matter how many times robin had tried.

on the third day, the grabber came down to visit him again. though, robin had a game plan...sort of. on that day, the grabber had left the door unlocked.

robin finally felt a sense of hope. so, he grabbed one of the sprite bottles, slowly and quietly walking up the stairs into the kitchen.