𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. thirty-three

༺❦༻

STOP before it's too
late, i know there's too
much at stake, making
the same MISTAKES !

new person, same old mistakes,
tame impala.

FINNEY TURNED AROUND to face the door, "why not?"

"it's a trap."

he furrowed his brows, "are you..are you bruce?"

as soon as finney mentioned bruce again, jaelin went to stand slightly in front of him. if it was bruce, she hoped she could talk to him again, even if it was just for a little bit. she looked like a toddler trying to get her parent's attention whilst they were on the phone.

"bruce..? who's bruce?"

finney turned around yet again, making jaelin roll her eyes and follow his movements. "i was just talking to bruce." he told the voice.

"i don't know any bruce."

funny pulled a face, "he's the baseball player."

"we don't play...baseball, down here."

PAPERBOY STOOD NEXT to finney, watching him talk into the phone with jaelin on the other side of him, listening intently.

"who are you?" finney asked.

the paperboy looked down slightly, "i don't remember."

"did you play soccer, football..?"

"i delivered newspapers." he replied.

finney's eyes widened as he looked at jaelin. she gave him a curious look and unwrapped her arms from crossing them, "well?"

he continued to make eye contact with her, "billy." he breathed out.

billy tensed upon hearing an unfamiliar name. or in this case, what seemed to be his name. he looked towards jaelin who now had the same expression as finney.

he may not remember a majority of things, but he couldn't forget about the girl he's seen every morning without fail. the girl who he looked forward to see every morning. the girl who he platonically loved like a sister.

"you're billy showalter." finney told the ghost boy.

although billy didn't want to forget his memories, let alone his name, he couldn't stand the flashbacks of what came with it. the billy showalter he was before, was long gone.

"maybe."

"no, you're billy." finney assured. he knew of the local paper boy. a majority did.

and yet, only a little few cared.

billy started making his way to the phone, circling around the dirty blond, "do. not. go. upstairs."

"what is he doing?"

billy stopped in his tracks, just behind finney, and faced his back, "he's waiting, on the other side with that fucking belt."