𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. thirty-nine

༺❦༻

❝ where worlds collide and
days are DARK. you may have
my number, you can take my
name, but you'll NEVER have
my heart !

skyfall, adele.

&&

❝ i'm taking it all for US, all.
doing it all for LOVE !

all for us, labrinth & zendaya.

tw: mentions of blood, injuries etc.
proceed with caution.

FINNEY USED THE dirt from the hole they dug up to pack the inside of the phone. he tapped it against his palm to even out the dirt inside- the added weight of the dirt definitely gave it some heft.

he looked over to see jaelin silently tying the wire ( that paperboy hid ) across the entrance of the hallway. once she finished tying the last knot and made sure the wire was straightened, she stood up and dusted herself off.

finney then stood up after her and went back to the main room, carefully stepping over the wire. jaelin gazed at the detached phone in his hand with a frown, still trying to calm down from the breakdown earlier.

finney held her close to him and said reassuring words to her every now and again, up until jaelin was able to breath steadily and stop crying. after that, she apologised many times for her behaviour, and every response she got from finney was: "you shouldn't be sorry."

she was very, very lucky that she had finney here with her.

the two determined teens both looked at the window outside: it was raining heavily. it was the perfect weather to describe how both of them were feeling.

they just hoped that this last try worked.

FINNEY AND JAELIN waited for the grabber to come down any minute. if their theory was correct, then after naughty boy, the grabber would most likely come and kill them both.

once the lights in the basement turned on, finney and jaelin shared a look before the dirty blond went over to the phone box. he placed his bloody rocket on top of the black box and picked up the phone, ready to use it when needed.

the two faced the door, ready to face the masked man they were fed up of being familiar with. finney clutched the phone in his hands whilst jaelin held onto her necklace pendent, more than ready to kick his ass.

they watched as the door slowly opened. however, their stances faltered almost as quickly as the guy in the doorway's mouth dropped.

"no fucking way.." the grabber's brother, max, was stood by the doorway with a shocked expression. jaelin and finney looked at each other in surprise before focusing back on the man.

"jaelin?!- what are you- holy shit, the missing blake kid! i knew that he was hiding something from me down here Holy Mary mother of God!"

"please, help- can- can you call my dad? call my sister?!" finney stepped forwards along with jaelin.

"can you call my mother? please, help us max!" jaelin had a sense of hope and relief, something she hadn't felt in a long time.