𝒊𝒙. nine

༺❦༻

❝ then only for a minute,
i want to CHANGE my mind,
'cause this just DON'T feel right
to me !

happier, marshmello & bastille.

JAELIN ENTERED MATH class along with finney. students were making their way to their seats as jaelin spotted robin looking down, deep in thought.

"is it too late to skip class?" jaelin whispered to finney who gave her a sympathetic smile.

"well we're already here so.." finney trailed off, "goodluck aylin." he gave her a side hug before taking his seat unfortunately next to vianna.

jaelin sighed. i hate my life.

she made her way towards her seat and sat down, opening up her book. usually without fail, robin would greet her and the two would engage in a conversation. however, it seems like things are changing today.

jaelin noticed vianna with a sly look on her face. it took every fibre in her being not to go over there and replace it with bruises.

the lesson started and she propped her head up using her elbow, listening to mr johnson ramble on about simultaneous equations whilst finishing the worksheet.

her eyes drifted to robin from time to time. his worksheet was blank as he sat there, void of emotion.

at least, that's what he wanted vianna to think.

he couldn't let her get between him and his best friend now could he? no. so, he planned to explain everything when they got back to his house. what is vianna going to do? drag jaelin out of his own house? he didn't think so.

so alas, he secretly wrote a note, pretending to do the worksheet. once he was finished and vianna wasn't looking, he slid it across to her quietly, not looking at her once.

jaelin felt a piece of paper hit her arm and looked down, realising that robin is passing her a note. she quickly put it under her worksheet, revealing one sentence at a time.

i'm sorry for ignoring you ever since lunch jae. i promise to explain everything once we get back to my place.

after reading it, she gave him a small nod before folding it and shoving it in her jean pocket. she also decided to tell him that she already knew and she eavesdropped on them.

THE BELL RUNG, symbolising the end of school. jaelin was putting away her books and grabbing her school bag with any pieces of homework she had to do.

"hey jaelin." she turned to see finney to her right. but instead of his usual school bag, he had his duffel bag.

"baseball practice today?" she assumed as she closed her locker and faced him.

"yeah, coach said to practice because we're going up against another school. apparently they've got this really good player called bruce..uh.." he tried to remember his last name.

jaelin's eyes widened, "bruce? as in bruce yamada?"

finney instantly nodded, "yeah that's his name. wait, how'd you know him?"