SEQUEL - Chapter 31

Začít od začátku

"If you two are busy, we can leave you to it." A familiar voice with a slight Aussie accent spoke, the grin audible, which caused Joanna and Max to break the kiss, before looking up only to see the two-missing people for their dinner. Daniel was grinning at them, proud of himself for what he said, while Sebastian exhaled slowly.

"And miss the amazing event this dinner is going to be?" Joanna questioned, the tease clear to Max, who just huffed and raised his hand to lay it onto Joanna's face before pushing her back a little bit as he did with his sister as they were small, causing Joanna to pull her head away, before glaring at Max, who was smiling in triumph.

"Anyways," Sebastian said before he sat down next to Max and left Daniel to sit next to Joanna, before smiling at the Austrian, who had moved her chair back, her broken arm still resting on her baby bump. "What is it you guys wanted to talk about?" The German asked as the waiter came to pour him a glass of water before thanking the man shortly.

"See, I told you. We're not having such dinners. Only if it's an emergency." Joanna said, causing Max to roll his eyes before bringing his attention to Sebastian.

"I thought a dinner would be nice and that it would do us all good," Max said causing Daniel to give him a look before sharing one with Joanna, while Sebastian agreed with the youngest of the four people present at the dinner table.

"He's right. It's nice to be surrounded by friends." Sebastian agreed while Daniel leaned back in his seat. "And this gives us the possibility to speak about things we normally wouldn't address."

"Yeah." The Aussie agreed. "Even though I thought you would eat with your daughter, after all the shit that went down in Silverstone," Daniel added, which caused Joanna and Max to give him a look at the same time. The Aussie was looking at them confused for a moment before he saw Sebastian's expression and lifted his arms in defence of himself.

"What do you mean?" The German wanted to know, which caused Daniel's eyes to widen even further while Joanna rested her elbow on the armrest and her cheek in her hand while exhaling slowly. She had told Max that this was a stupid idea.

"Nothing. I think." Daniel said unsure, before looking over at the Austrian.

"Joanna." He said, turning his whole attention to her, a grin on his lips, while the Austrian ducked her head away. Joanna will never understand Daniel's urge to cause chaos wherever he went. She really didn't want to explain to Sebastian what was going on between his teammate and his daughter and she hated Daniel a tiny little bit for pushing that into her freaking corner.

"Please don't." The Austrian muttered quietly, but all of the people present at the table understood her. Pia is not her problem per se.

They were getting on fine, but she was Max's friend and Sebastian's daughter and a close friend of Daniel. It's not like Joanna wouldn't help Pia if she asked, she had agreed on a meeting with her and Charlotte but from the people sitting here at this table, she was the last one to tell Sebastian what was going on.

"Oh, come on," Daniel said, while resting his elbow on the armrest, before propping his cheek upon his closed fist, an interesting look in his eyes, while Sebastian watched them unhappily and worried. He did not like when Daniel turned important and serious things into a joke. Not everything was a joke, and the Aussie knew that better than most.

"When are you going to rip into Charles, just so I know because I really wanna see that," Daniel asked nevertheless, earning himself a poisonous look from the Austrian as Max cleared his throat to speak

"Me too actually." He said, causing Joanna to turn to him. "You're not helping, Schatz."

"What for? What's going on?" Sebastian asked again, but before anyone could answer the waiter came back. He was holding a bottle of wine in his hand before he moved to pour Joanna, the only female at the table the first glass, but she put her hand on top of the glass with a slight smile before he could even move the bottle forward.