I'll save you first

"Do I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave to?" Sophie whined.

"Everyone has to, Sophia," Dex said, raising an eyebrow.

Linh nodded along with him. "P.E is a required class. You'll have to participate every Tuesday and Thursday, just like the rest of us."

"I know," she grumbled, crossing her arms. Sophie was absolute dog water at gym. She was complete, utter trash—and usually smelled like it afterwards. She was so crap at it that it was the only class she'd flunked in every single grade. So crap, in fact, that she couldn't even walk more than 137 feet (she'd counted) without blacking out. "Do you think anyone would notice if I skipped today?"

"No," Tam said, barely glancing at the huge crowd of students watching them.

Dex closed his eyes and grimaced. "Come on, Sophia. You can't be that bad, can you?"

"Ummmm—" Just then, the whistle blew, cutting her off.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE," screamed Unnamed Coach. "Everyone pick a partner. HURRY UP!"

"Um, Sophia," Tam said softly, holding out his hand to her. "Do you want to be my—"

"SOPHIA'S MINE!" screamed Dex, who snatched her hair and desperately pulled her towards him.

"Oops," he said when half her hair fell out. "Sorry about that. Um. Do you want to be partners?"

"Sure," she said, feeling her partially bald head and glancing back at Tam longingly. "Next time, okay?" She whispered to him, making him grin.

"IF YOU SLOWPOKES ARE FINISHED, EVERYONE FIND A PLACE IN THE GYM AND FACE YOUR PARTNER FROM A FEW FEET AWAY! WE ARE HAVING A SPLOTCHING MAAAAAATCHHHHH!!!"

"Yes!" Dex whispered, jumping back and forth in excitement. "I finally get to cover Sophia Imposter in paint... this is a dream come true! Literally! Um, Sophia," he said louder.

Sophie cringed, but tried to pretend she hadn't heard that weirdness. "Yeah?"

"Have you been in a splotching match before?"

"Um... no. You do know I lost my memory, right?"

"Right, right. That's okay, though, because it means for the first time ever, I won't be negative 1st place!" Dex pumped his hands in the air and hollered. "It's the best day ever!"

"...What's negative 1st place?" she asked, not really caring since it involved Dex.

"Uh, one time I threw the splotcher on myself. Alright fine, everyone threw their splotchers at me. Are you happy?!"

"Yes," she replied. Dex frowned at her.

"ALRIGHT. TAKE YOUR SPLOTCHER AND USE TELEKINESIS TO SMACK YOUR PARTNER WITH IT IN THREE... TWO... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!"

Dex grinned and twirled a red, water-balloon looking thing in the air, making Sophie gasp.

"How?" She breathed, even though she already knew, but he didn't respond. Instead, he tossed out his hands, screaming, as the splotcher slowly floated towards her at a snail's speed. Sweat was dripping off Dex, and he looked constipated trying to get it to move.

Well, since he sucks so bad, maybe I have a chance... Sophie reached deep, deep within her, like all the way to her veins, and pulled on her mental strength. Here we go, her brain whispered.

"GrrrrrrrRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWR!!!! Sophie howled, throwing her face up to the sky and mentally shoving the splotcher towards Dex.

The balloon hurtled towards Dex, hitting him in the face so hard he probably got cancer. And he definitely, DEFINITELY, had a ton of dark red paint all over his face.