3. Seeing Stars

We just arrived at Chuck's. He was pacing. "So... You wrote another chapter?" Sam asks. "This was all so much easier before you were real." Chuck says. "We can take it... just spit it out." Dean says. "Go ahead Chuck." I smile. "You especially are not gonna like this." He looks at Dean. "I didn't like hell." Dean says. I look at him sadly. "It's Lilith. She's coming for Sam." He says. "Coming to kill him?" Dean asks. "When?" Sam asks. "Tonight." Chuck says. "She's just gonna show up? Here?" Dean asks. "Uh... let's see, uh..." Chuck says grabbing his glasses and putting them on. ""Lilith patted the bed seductively. Unable to deny his desire, Sam succumbed, and they sank into the throes of fiery demonic passion."" Chuck reads.

"You're kidding me, right?" Sam asks laughing. "You think this is funny?" Dean asks. "Sam. Hear him out." I say. "You don't? I mean, come on. "Fiery demonic passion"?" Sam asks. "It's just a first draft." Chuck sighs. "Wait, wait, wait, wait. Lilith is a little girl." Dean says. "No, uh, this time she's a "comely dental hygienist from Bloomington, Indiana."" Chuck reads. "Great. Perfect. So what happens after the... "fiery demonic" whatever?" Dean asks. "I don't know, it hasn't come to me yet." Chuck says. "It's alright." I reassure him. "Dean, Parker, look, there's nothing to worry about. Lilith and me? In bed?" Sam scoffs. "How does this whole psychic thing of yours work?" Dean asks Chuck as he glares at Sam. "You mean my process?" Chuck asks. "Yes, your "process."" I say. "Well, it usually starts with a headache. A really bad headache. Aspirin is useless, so... I drink. Until I fall asleep. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a crazy dream." Chuck says. "The first time you dreamt about us?" Dean asks.

"It flowed. It just, it kept flowing. It still does. I-I can't stop it, really." Chuck says shaking. "Hey its ok." I say rubbing his shoulder. "You can't seriously believe..." Sam starts. "Humor me." Dean says. "Look, why don't we, we just..." Dean starts standing. Chuck offers him the transcript. Dean takes it. "Take a look at these and see what's what. You..." Dean starts looking at Chuck. "...knew you were gonna ask for that. Yeah." Chuck finishes. I giggle. Dean looks at me a smile tugging at his lips. He did this whenever she laughed or giggled. "Come on." Dean says. "I wanna speak with Parker a sec." Chuck says. They nod and walk out. "You won't get home. So just accept being here. He's gonna love you." He says. "Ok." I nod. "When the time comes you'll know." He says. We walk to the door and he lets me out. I walk to the car and get in. Dean drives off.

"Dean, come on. "The minivan accident wasn't that bad, but Dean was still seeing stars. He scratched absently at the pink flower Band-Aids on his face."" Sam reads annoyed. "So?" Dean asks. "So, I've seen you gushing blood. You'd use duct tape and bar rags before you'd put on a pink flower Band-Aid." Sam says. "What's your point?" Dean asks, annoyed. "My point is this, all of this... is totally implausible, it's nuts." Sam says. "He's been right about everything so far. You think he's just gonna ground out at first now?" Dean asks. "Huh. "Dean slid behind the wheel of his beloved Impala and drove off, the plastic tarp on the rear window flapping like the wings of a crow."" Sam reads. "Never know." I shrug. "A tarp?" Dean asks like the thought hurts him. "Yeah. On the rear window. And you drive it like that." Sam says. "Well, he might be wrong about the details, but doesn't mean he's wrong about the end result." Dean says. "So we're just gonna run?" Sam looks at his brother. "We have to." I say.

"Dude, we are a long way from ready for a face-to-face death match with Lilith." Dean says. We soon come to a road block. Fuck I forgot. "What seems to be the problem?" Dean asks. "Bridge is out ahead." The deputy says. "We're just trying to get out of town." Dean says. "Yeah, afraid not." Deputy says. "Is there a detour?" Dean asks. "Nope." Deputy says. "There's not a side road that takes us to the highway?" Dean asks, annoyed now. "To get to the highway, you have to cross that river. To cross the river, you have to take that bridge." Deputy says, annoyed with Dean. "How deep's the river?" Dean asks. "Sorry. Afraid you boys, and lady, are gonna have to spend the night in town." The deputy says, glancing back at me with a smirk. Dean glares at him. We leave and drive to a diner. We get out and go in. We sit down.