Wrecker instantly noticed something was wrong, “What’s happened?”. His question was met with silence, Omega had her headphones on so she couldn’t hear them and they were quite loud according to Tech who tried to get her attention, he nodded in Hunter’s direction. “Amber passed away last night” Hunter spoke gently gesturing for them to be quiet since Omega was nearby. “Oh god!” Wrecker said as he looked towards the doorway where Crosshair was standing earlier, “How’s he taking it?” Hunter shook his head, “He has been silent ever since Ahsoka told him” his reply was met by a gasp. “You know Ahsoka?” Sheila asked, looking at her brothers. “Yeah we do, she is a friend of ours. Ahsoka worked with Echo and Crosshair in the army” Tech explained to the woman in front of them, “Why?” Tech asked bluntly. “She is my daughter”. 

The room went silent after Sheila’s news. 

An hour had passed since Sheila’s arrival and the woman was getting to know her niece who was guiding her around the barn and showing her favourite spots with Wrecker joining the two. Echo and Tech were quite surprised at the news as they took it in turns to check on Hera while Crosshair and Hunter remained up in their room holding each other. Hunter shared the news with his husband after Crosshair had cried all his tears away and the marksman admitted everything to Hunter regarding Sheila. He expected the blame but Hunter promised him he wasn’t getting yelled at but if Hunter ever bumped into 99, he would have a word to him about keeping his sister a secret. 

“How are you feeling, Tris?” Hunter said with a smile. Crosshair only groaned as he rolled over so he faced Hunter to answer the question, “I can’t decide whether I’m in pain because your kids won’t settle or I’m horny. Damn hormones” Crosshair said without even thinking. “My kids?” Hunter exclaimed looking at his husband who just ignored him as he shifted. Hunter took a minute to hear the rest of it, “Horny?” Crosshair only smirked looking at his partner, he kissed him. Hunter eagerly kissed back being very gentle with his love who eagerly pushed back with some force, Crosshair parted his lips allowing Hunter to explore. The two were touch-starved and Crosshairs hormones were crazy, “Hunter, please” Crosshair arched as Hunter attacked his neck. “Tris remember what Kix said ‘ no sex until after the twins are born’” Crosshair huffed hearing Hunter’s words but somehow Hunter made him moan without the stimulation of sex. Hunter laughed softly and kissed his love on the cheek as he helped Crosshair take his top off, the marksman loving the hands roaming everywhere around his body. Hunter smiled, kissing Crosshair one last time as the touches of relaxation soon turned into exhaustion, Crosshair couldn’t help but yawn as Hunter massaged his husband's untouched body. “No fair” Crosshair whined as Hunter settled down next to him to pull him close, the marksman back resting against his husband's chest while Hunter's arms wrapped around him. One of them Crosshair was using as a pillow while the other hand came to sit on Crosshair’s small bump. It was surprising to others that Crosshair was even pregnant, he was five months along with twins and yet he was only showing a very small bump. 

“I love you Tristan, I hope you take my love back, I want you to wear my rings again…” Hunter rambled to his sleeping husband who only mumbled, “I know now shut up”, Hunter smiled allowing himself to drift off to sleep while he held the one he thought he had lost close to his heart. 

Four hours later…

A soft knock on the door woke Hunter slightly, he went to shift but soon found he was unable to, looking down he smirked at the hickey on his lover's neck. Oh he was in trouble for that. He grimaced to himself as he spoke softly, “Come in”. No sooner did he say that, did the door open to reveal Tech and Echo, the two raised identical eyebrows at the bare chested two in bed. Tech let out a sigh of relief when he noticed his twin was wearing a pair of sweatpants. “What is it?” Hunter asked, feeling Crosshair shift he remained utterly still. 

“He needs to eat and Jesse is downstairs. He wants to speak to Crosshair about something” Echo said as he leaned against the doorway so he could listen out for Hera, the young girl who had come down with the flu was currently sleeping in Tech’s bedroom since her’s had been moved around so Sheila could stay. Hera didn’t mind since Tech’s room had a spare single from when Omega used to sleep when she had a fear of being alone a couple of years ago. Tech and Echo just never got around to shifting it and thank god they didn’t otherwise one of the brothers would have to suffer with the sofa. 

Hunter nodded, “Give me ten minutes to wake him and get downstairs”. Tech and Echo nodded, the two turned to leave when Tech handed over something to Hunter’s free hand, the ex-sergeant looked at it with confusion. “They are multivitamin tablets, he needs them since he has missed out on a lot of food. Courtesy of Kix'' Tech said as he shut the door behind him. Hunter frowned looking at them, he never had any trust in medication but if Kix had offered them, he would at least try to get Cross to have some. 

“Tris, we need to get up” Hunter shook his husband who only grumbled, “Bug off, I’m trying to sleep”. Hunter only smirked as he cradled his lover to his chest, Crosshair let out a happy sigh as he rested his head against Hunter’s chest. The ex-sergeant looked down at the sleepy marksman who was starting to wake up and stretch like a docile cat. Hunter had to admit it was cute as he stripped the two of them and manoeuvred Crosshair to lean against him while he turned the shower on. A content sigh left Crosshairs mouth as he opened his red exhausted chocolate eyes to meet the polished silver ones he had missed so much. “Hunter?” “Mmmh” “I love you and I…” “Tris?” “Woah” “Tris, what is it?” Hunter tightened his grip on Crosshair who smiled at him, Crosshair gestured for Hunter to feel his stomach. The two watched each other’s expressions as Hunter felt the movement of their unborn children. Hunter knelt down and kissed Crosshairs stomach, the marksman only raised an eyebrow slightly as Hunter climbed back to his feet to give him a kiss before the two took some time in washing each other.

Thirty minutes later…

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting Jesse” Echo apologised to the police officer who only smiled, he knew what Crosshair was like in the morning so he just waved off the apology. He hated to be the one to bear the bad news but he had to speak to Crosshair about something privately. Tech gestured to Wrecker who stood at the top of the stairs after showing Sheila her room to knock on Hunter's door. The giant only nodded as he knocked in his own special way which earned him a shout from a pregnant hormonal Crosshair, “WRECKER!”. The said man politely excused himself as he skipped down the stairs out of the way from the exhausted marksman who had finally emerged with Hunter beside him. 

Tech and Echo stood with crossed arms as they assessed the two. Hunter was beetroot red while Crosshair had a few marks on his neck. Wrecker just laughed, they all had the feeling. Crosshair had told Hunter off once he got his bearings. The marksman had at least two hickeys on show, Crosshair glared at Hunter who only rubbed his neck sheepishly. “Glad you could join us” Echo said with sarcasm earning himself a glare with no heat behind it from the marksman. “Sorry, about that” Hunter apologised. Jesse only nodded as he gestured for Crosshair to join him outside, the marksman taking Hunter’s jacket off him to follow the police officer leaving behind his batchmates who watched with worried eyes. 

Not even five minutes later the door opened to reveal a furious marksman, Crosshair stormed through the house past the four batchmates. He grabbed his 773 Firepuncher and headed past them all and out towards the back of the barn where a small shooting range had been set up. Hunter turned to see Wrecker, Tech and Echo gesturing for him to follow his partner, Hunter sighed, shaking his head as he walked in the opposite direction to where they were thinking. Heading outside to where Jesse was, Hunter made his way over to the obvious stressed out police officer who was leaning against his vehicle. “What’s happened?” The demand made Jesse look up from his phone, the older man sighed. “Tarkin and Rampart have been found not-guilty and have taken up jobs in the town. They have requested dinner with you and Crosshair to discuss Omega with Cody and Obi-one too” Jesse explained with gritted teeth. Hunter nodded, taking in all the information, “Thanks Jesse, how much time do we have?” “Until what?” “Till Cody arrives?” Jesse smirked, “I can give you four hours until I have to inform him that I have dropped off his message” Hunter nodded. Putting a reassuring hand on Hunter’s shoulder made the ex-sergeant look up at Jesse who said, “Hunter. Me and Kix will do everything in our power to make sure, Omega stays in your custody. Now I must go, I have to go check on Kix”. The two shared a smile as Hunter waved off Echo’s old friend who had become family to them.

Ta Da! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Until Next Time! :)