Piano Man - Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

“Do you know where there is a payphone?” 

“ What is this 2010?” he laughed.” I know where one is though” He smirked.  I followed him as he guided me into a local pub. The one in which I assumed was the one he worked at. We made our way to the back of the pub, well Noah got a few greeting from his co-worker.  Finally in the back hallway between the washrooms was a payphone. I threw two quarters in and motioned for Noah to dial.  We waited and waited as the phone rang, but no one picked up. Eventually Noah hung up and the phone returned the quarters to us. I bite my lip disappointed looking at the ground. It seemed like the world itself didn’t want me finding my father. “Why don’t we get lunch, and try calling again?” 

“Fine”

“I get a discount so I’ll pay” he smiled, I nodded and went and sat at one of the few free tables, it was the one beside an old piano. It was the closest table to the payphone, just incase Liam decided to call the strange number back. Noah came back with two menus.”I’d personally recommend our Bacon Blast Burger but for someone more delicate like you maybe a turkey wrap” he added as he opened the menu for himself. A waitress came and noah ordered his meal and then looked to me. I gave him a sly smile and began to order.

“Can I get a Bacon Blast Burger? With a side of fries and a chocolate shake?” Noah’s  mouth almost dropped. “What I thought you said you got a discount” I stuck my tongue out at him. 

“ I do, I just can’t believe you’d be able to finish that”

“Watch me” I giggled, and within time Noah and I both finished our meals and just got another drink to quench our thirsts on a hot summer day.

“All this mail is junk” Noah rolled his eyes. “ I don’t see why he couldn’t have waited till I work tomorrow night to get any of this.”

“How do you guys know when you get mail? or is it just chance?”

“My dad’s friend Chester owns it, he calls sometimes if he thinks there is something important”

“Oh, maybe there’s a great deal an pineapples” I joked as a picked up the flyers, flicking through the pages quickly. So fast I didn’t notice the small white envelope stuck in it. It was Noah who put his hand down, grabbing it quickly. 

“Ohh a hydro bill as well” I faked gasped.

“Dar..”

“Or maybe a great deal on cable” I continued to joke. 

“Darc...”

“Or Mayb..”

“Darcy, look at this!” Noah harshly whispered shoving the envelope in my face. “ Look at who it is to and then at the return address.  I read the envelope carefully, the letter was Niall but the return address  was a simple cursive H. I grabbed it from him tearing the envelope open, desperate to see if it was from my dad. 

“ You know opening someone else's mail is illegal...right?” Noah added. 

“ What your dad doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” I told him and began to unfold the paper preparing to  read the letter out loud.  Only to my disappointment, there was  hardly a letter written on the paper more like a few words. 

Ni, 

Stop Searching.

                       -Haz.

My eyes widened as I realised it was the same nicknames used in the previous letters, this was most definitely my father.  “Come on Noah, let call Liam now.  He must know something! Someone has to know something” I exclaimed.  We went back to the payphone and Noah began to call him again. My heart raced as  I heard  the other line pick up and a British man answer.

“Hello”  his voice which I assumed to be Liam answered. Noah looked at me in panic not knowing what to say.

“Hey Liam, this is uhh  Niall Horan” Noah said clearing his throat. “ I was just calling to see what is up...buddy?” 

“Niall?” I could her the man question in response to Noah’s horrible impression of his fathers deep voice. It was about as deep as Justin Bieber’s voice when he first started on singing. Yes, I know who Justin Bieber is, my mom  always went on about how ‘dashing’ he was and one day I decided to look him up. He wasn’t that bad. 

“I was wondering if you wanted to come down for a visit?” 

“What’s the occasion...Niall?” Liam  asked quizzically.

“Here give me the phone!” I glared at Noah, who probably ruined any chances of Liam coming down here and telling us anything. “Hi Liam?” I asked into the phone.

“This is he.” 

“ It’s Darcy Styles and I was just wondering if you knew where my father Harry Styles is?”  Just as I got those word out of my mouth a loud shattering noise caught my attention. A man over by the piano had dropped a glass startling us all. I returned my attention back to the important phone call. Instead do a British man’s voice though there was a small beeping noise. Noah looked at me funny wondering what was happening. I tried to hold back my tears, and instead showed my rage. “He hung up on me!”  

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update. I am not complianing because I love all my fans so much but with recent deaths in my family and other issues sometimes it can be hard so please understand that sometimes I can't update regulary. I do however apprecaite you for sticking with me, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, remember to vote and comment. :)xx