This was it. I was going on my very first date.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

Axel's POV

"You're serious?"

My beta, Chase, nodded his head triumphantly as he delivered the news. The Council had accepted our bid, mostly because they knew that the rouge problem would become a non-issue once the land they lived on was claimed. "Call a gathering for tonight," I instructed him, standing up from my desk.

My office in the main building was lavish but I was getting sick of being stuck in here. However with the news I knew I had many meetings lined up ahead of me in here. I had to call a meeting with the Deltas to tell them about the news. I had to enlist a solid number of full time and part time informers to go and tell the rogues that the land they lived on was now owned by us, even killing them if they defied us too much.

I didn't mind. A rogue was a rogue after all: no different than your average pest or stray. The land we were getting would cut right through their self-built trade center full of goods that once controlled and taxed by us would bring in a great fortune. That'd fund new buildings: another main building in the new land, perhaps? A second home for Karla and I? Our options were unlimited.

With the new land opened up, our numbers would skyrocket, our strength would double and our influence in the region would be undisputed.

"Of course Alpha." Chase nodded his head, loping out of the room.

Chase was a beta by blood only. He did not have the raw strength or ability it intimidate. He was of average height and build for a male werewolf.

He liked the title more than he liked the job.

He was good at following orders however so I didn't try to replace him. And he never questioned what I did which also made him worth the while. I sat down at my desk, hands on the thick oak tag with our new land deed on it. We'd own right up the river. Nothing could stop me now.

I'd take the rest of the territory on this side soon enough, once we've got this side under control. Then we'd be the largest pack in the region. That was my goal. I'd be known through out the region as the Alpha who did it all. I'd build my kingdom and then reap in the rewards.

Wolves were going to die. Those rogues had been on that land for centuries. They'd never let I go without a fight. But I liked that. I wanted the soil to be rich with blood of those defending it.

The land's worth wasn't what I paid but what was loss in trying to save it.

And I had a feeling that land was going to worth a lot.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

"Fantastic, Alpha. I can't remember the last time someone put my warriors to work!"

The Deltas were ecstatic, being the war wolves they were. The promise of a fight had them more than willing to line up their men and use the battle tactics excised only mentally. I nodded my head, pen on a sheet of paper where I was noting things to mention tonight. "Anything you think I should include?" I asked.

"Volunteers. We've got plenty of young blood wanting to show their fangs a bit, throw around their weigh, impress their mates--plenty of them will want to get involved."

I nodded my head curtly. He made an excellent point. I scrawled the word down, underlining it twice. "Alright," I said after seeing there was nothing else. "Thank you for your time."

The men shook my hand in turn, leaving, they buzzed among themselves about their own ideas of how to take over our land. I smiled. With them on board, there was no one left to convince. Except maybe my father. But I was having lunch with him shortly and I'd discuss it then. I hadn't spoke with anyone about my plan yet, more interested in the seeing if it panned out first. And it had.

Beautifully.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

When the gathering commenced a new spirit of excitement hung over my pack.

They were all speaking of the wonders of living in the 'new land' and what kind of prey they'd find there. The most noted was the moose, which crossed through their 'territory' (ours really) on its journey to the Canadian Regions. I wasn't too sure but we'd find out. My father was impressed with me, saying he never even considered it an option, thinking the Council would side with the strays. Karla loved the idea of getaway for us, aka a place she could go with Shayna. Drew ha driven me the eyes when I walked by, letting me know I was getting some tonight.

He'd been acting a bit off lately. I think he's sick. He claims to be achy and nauseous. He's cold too, I assume, always wearing baggy shirts and sweaters. Plus--no sex! That was what was grinding on me most. The fact that I was getting tired of jerking off in the shower when I had a more than willing partner a mere week ago!

But I'd dint matter how frustrated I was, sexually. Everything was working out in my favor besides that. And damn it all, it was going to stay that way. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

-Unedited-

>>First comment gets a mention next chapter!<<

Next Update: Friday (3/15/15)