I scooted upstairs trying to rush and appear casual at the same time.

My bedroom was very nice though small. My full sized mattress had been a nice change from my little twin bed in my old room. It sat in a hand carved wooden frame complete with a back and foot board. It was a nice oak color that contrasted the pale green walls. But I found myself scurrying to the oak wardrobe and trying to find the nicest clothes I could. I found a pair of jeans--a type of weird though comfortable fabric-blend that humans liked--and pulled them on. They were sort of tight, showing off the soft curve of hips and bottom.

Naturally I felt embarrassed and ashamed by the seemingly promiscuous clothing, but I had to remember that I could do what I wanted. I was mateless after all.

I found a light blue shirt, pulling that one as well before pulling out a neat gray sweater. Once I was dressed I stood in front of the mirror and fixed my pale blonde stands to a neater style, huffing out my breath.

How did I forget about this?

I left my room, starting when I found Andy waiting at the bottom of the staircase. "You look great," he said sounding somewhat surprised.

A bit irked I quickly retorted, "Do I normally not?" Before cringing at my snide remark.

"You always look good," he replied with a grin. "You just look extra nice tonight."

I smiled a bit at his words, a blush working its way up my cheeks. But I quickly snapped back into parent mode when I heard Emory telling the babysitter how he went to bed 'whenever he wanted'. "Excuse me," I said, hurrying into the kitchen where Emily had scattered her toys and Emory had his hands on his hips, talking to the babysitter. "Hi--what was your name again?"

"Liza."

"Right. Sorry. Emory goes to bed at seven thirty each night. He can have a snack before hand--there's some watermelon slices in the crisper."

"Water-melon!" Exclaimed Emily excitedly. "Em have some too?"

"Of course honey," I replied. "And there's some juice pouches down there too. The TV's already on the pup-station so you don't have to worry about that... If you need to contact me..."

Uh-oh. The in-home phone confused me enough but the mobil thing Jeffery tired to buy me was just plain painful to try and use. I had refused it whole-heartedly. Now, however, I wished I had one. "Just call my number," Andy said. "We'll be right home in an instant."

"If-if there's an emergency my brother is next door--"

"Not Uncle Jeff! Uncle Jeff is mean! He hurt Daddy and me. Not him."

My face went red trying to brush it off. A savage look came over Andy's face. "What did he do to you? I'll rip him apart."

"Stop it. I'm fine. It was an argument that got out of hand is all. It's over. He can help you if you need anything."

Poor Liza looked lost but nodded her head. Andy still seemed to be seething but I ignored him. "Okay." Liza said with a tight smile.

"Help yourself to anything you find in the kitchen and watch what you'd like on TV once they're asleep. Uh...when will we be back?"

Andy laughed, relaxing some. "Are you already having a terrible time?" He mused.

"No!" I went thermonuclear afraid I was coming off bitchy or snarky. "God, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. I like your fretting. You have a good maternal instinct."

Blushing again, Andy told Liza to expect us between nine and ten and then we were out the door.