This Feels Like Home: Part 18

The bedroom door opened. "Toussaint! Oliver! Or whatever your fucking name is!" a voice bellowed.

He looked at me and huffed, "Stay here. Don't move." He left the room. I heard his footsteps as he went downstairs. I cracked the door. It was the same man he had talked to before that wanted money.

"We got rid of the little bitch's body for you. Where's our fucking money?"

"Look. I told you I'll get you the money as soon as I get off the island. I had to use what I had to charter a boat to leave."

"That's not our problem. I want my fucking money!"

"Wait, hold up there's no need for all that. You know I'm good for it."

"Leave the girl here with us. Let us keep her babies. I can get good money for them. And we'll send her back to you."

My jaw hit the floor. There was no way I was about to stay waiting for him to sell my children. I went to the balcony which had steps that lead to the pool area. Before I could get down, I heard gunshots.

I quickened my steps. I left the property. I hurried to the beach and went down to the house where Lucas was. I told him everything. I had him call Dominique so I could tell her not to go to the house.

Later that day, when she came to see me, she said the police had found the letter I had written and wanted to talk to me. I told her it was fine for her to bring them to the house where Lucas was. Lucas had left to get Romeo and Rogelio.

I sat at the table in the kitchen with Dominique by my side as they asked me questions. I explained to them what I knew.

Toussaint or Oliver suffered from mild psychosis. He was from the U.S Virgin Islands. Before he moved to the states, he was in a relationship with a woman. When she tried to end the relationship, she ended up missing.

They never found her body and could never charge him officially. To get away from his past, he moved to Florida and started using his middle name Oliver and his mother's maiden name Simms. He had a history of not being able to let go and being obsessed with women.

He was shot in the house by the man he paid. That man was also shot. Both of them were in the hospital in critical condition.

Carissa was found in a dumpster behind a restaurant. She was alive but her baby did not survive. They assured me after she got better, she would face the consequences of her involvement in my kidnapping.

After the authorities left, Dominque helped me rest on the sofa. The day had been stressful. The door opened and in walked three men. Rogelio, Romeo, and Lucas.

I felt a calmness in my spirit. Rogelio nearly sprinted to me. He hugged me, "Muneca." He kissed me gently, "I'm sorry was that okay?" he asked sweetly.

I nodded, "Yes." I touched his handsome face.

Romeo walked over. He reached for my hand and kissed the top of it, "So glad to see you muneca. I swear if that bastard wasn't already in the hospital, I'd kill him."

I believed him. "I'm fine. I'm happy it's over."

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my belly. They all surrounded me, "What is it?" asked Rogelio.

Dominique moved in, "Let me run a warm bath, the babies are coming."

"Shouldn't we get her to the hospital?" he asked.

"We won't have time. I can do this. I promise I'll make sure them babies are delivered."

He nodded.

She went to the bathroom ad filled the tub with water. Then they helped me to the tub. The contractions were hitting quickly. She was right, I wasn't going to make it. She looked between my legs and saw the head crowning. I held onto Rogelio's hand tightly nearly crushing his fingers.