Lost Cause

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your name
A/n: Author's note
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥᪥❥᯽~

"Lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for."

~᯽❥᪥᪥❥᯽~

Xiao's POV

No... it can't be.. I stepped on a twig as I stumbled back in disbelief, making a loud snapping sound. Shit.. Ricky and Y/n turned to investigate the sound of twig snapping as I quickly hid up above a nearby treetop.

"Who's there?" Ricky asked and a moment of silence starts.

"I know who it is. He was there when I woke up. He won't be far, we have to make a move." That's Y/n's voice, but they're trying to get away from me.. The pair starts walking towards the other end of the shore where a small boat sits. If they make it to the boat I won't be able to follow them.. unless they go to somewhere I know or if I.. I haven't done that in so long.. I don't know if I still can.. I have to stop them before they reach the boat.

I leapt down from the tree and used my power of swiftness to get to Y/n and Ricky. "Y/n wait." I said as I grabbed their hand. Ricky pulled out his sword on placed it on my neck before I had to chance to say more.

"You leave Y/n alone. You heard what we said that day, did you really think that Y/n would see you the same again." Ricky uttered out firmly.

"No, if that is bothering you so much, please let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain Alatus. Let me go."

"Just listen to me for awhile-"

"Back off or I will kill you." Ricky threatened. I needed the real Y/n to wake up from the dark, I needed more time. And with Ricky around, I can't do anything.

Reluctantly, I let Y/n go. And Ricky lowered his sword. Y/n brushed their hands as if getting rid of my touch.

"Y/n.. I'm not going close to you because I wanted to make it up to you. But because I genuinely care about you..." I turned to leave to a nearby place to hide for awhile but stopped when I heard an orange haired Fatui speak.

"Conqueror of demons, how pathetic you are. Can't even fight for your friend." Tartaglia mocked.

"They would never have turned if it weren't for you!" I summoned my spear as I lunged toward him.

"Mind you this was not my idea. But if a fight is what you want then so be it." He countered with his hydro blades.

"You and the Tsaritsa have broken our contract, and must now suffer the wrath of the God of Contracts." Morax!? I turned my head and we shared eye contact for a brief moment as he parried an attack on me.

"Go Xiao, you know what to do." Morax said as he continues defending against Tartaglia and attacking with elegance.

By now, Y/n and Ricky were nowhere to be seen, although.. their boat is still here. Suddenly, wind currents appeared seemingly to show me where they have gone. After following it for awhile, towards the abandoned village. Wait if Y/n is now our god.. Morax.. their going after Morax. I leapt up to go over the mountain.

Just as I was about to land on the other side of the mountain, an arrow pierced through the air from my right and barely scraped my skin. Ricky.. I had no time to deal with him right now because I see Y/n approaching Morax with their spear in hand ready to piece his chest.

Using my power, I stood in between them right when y/n plunged their spear into none other than mine.. just like in the dream..

"Xiao!" I heard Morax speak as blood came out my mouth. I noticed Y/n's eyes widened and I knew.. they came back.. Morax continues fighting off Tartaglia but at that moment.. I didn't seem to notice. The only thing that mattered to me was Y/n, who was covering their mouth with widened eyes.

I clutched my chest where the spear still poking out on my right and I managed to utter.. "Y/n.." I reached out towards their face to wipe their tears. "Don't cry.. it's not your fault.."

"Xiao!" I heard someone say.. as I felt myself fall and everything... went black..

~᯽❥᪥᪥❥᯽~

Y/n's POV

"Xiao! No! Please! Wake up!!" I caught Xiao before his head hit the floor and laid him down. "Don't die because of me! You can't!" I sobbed. Zhongli landed a forceful blow Tartaglia which made him falter, immediately kicking me away from Xiao as he put up his shield around them.

"You three have caused enough damage here. Leave, you're no longer welcomed in Liyue." Zhongli gave me the most scariest look I've ever seen.

"Zhongli-"

"I should never have let Xiao live in his delusion of saving you." He cut my sentence.

Ricky who showed up from nowhere, started to pull me away and towards a boat at the end of the shore. Try as I might I couldn't break free from his grasp. "Let me go!"

As I watched Zhongli carry Xiao away, I was led further away from them towards the boat. I woke up Xiao.. You did bring me back.. but.. at what cost..

"Someone needs more serum." Ricky stated.

"Sorry Dottorre. I have none on me, we'd have to go on the ship. Turns out the effects of your serum has been broken by those two Adepti."

"Well at least I don't have to use this disgusting body anymore."

Their conversation flew over my head. All I could think about was that I killed Xiao...

After a seemingly long journey, we reached a snezhnayan ship. I felt so paralysed.. How could I forgive myself.. How could I continue living knowing that I have killed the one I love. They injected more of the purple serum in me and I was too mentally drained to resist. I'm sorry Xiao... your death was in vain.. I can't do  anything.. I closed my eyes feeling empty.

~᯽❥᪥᪥❥᯽~

A/n

Hello there! How'd you like this part of the story 👀. It's ending soooon!! What a rollercoaster of emotions.

How are you pulls going??? Any Venti or Cyno? Or are you waiting for Nilou and Albedo? XD
Well good luck on pulling!!! Character wanters shall be character havers!!!