Getaway

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your name
A/n: Author's notes
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"After all, if you run far enough, no one can catch you."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

3rd Person POV

Childe brings an unconscious Y/n back to the cell where Ricky is now wide awake. "F/n!"

Childe opens the gates laying Y/n on the floor. "Tell you what, I detest Dottorre's experiments on Y/n. Take this and get them out of here. Burn the paper once you escape. There will be 3 people waiting for you."

"But the guards-"

"I'll handle them. Get out of the cell 2 minutes after I leave." Childe interrupted and swiftly leaves the area.

"This is a bad idea..." Ricky mumbled, "I'm sorry, this is all my fault..."

Ricky waited for 2 minutes and did exactly what Childe asked for. He followed the escape route charted out. A left, 2 rights, straight, 1 left. There was also a note at the back of the description of the people he had to look out for. A blond man with a flying human, a man dressed in brown, and a boy who might attack him if he did not explain quick enough. That's very reassuring...

Despite tumbling a few times due to carrying Y/n, Ricky made it out rather quickly. He makes his way to the back of the castle preparing himself to shoot words out as quick as he could.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Xiao POV

Aether and Zhongli discussed plans to infiltrate the castle, but every idea has been rejected because of the risks and consequences. I got sick and tired of planning that I had turned to face a tree. The more ideas get rejected, the more frustrated I get.

"Ugh, it's hopeless!" I let out as I gave the tree a strong kick. Aether and Paimon were taken aback by my action. I can't take it anymore.

"I'm going in with or without a plan," I said.

Aether placed a hand on my shoulders as he said, "Xiao, I can understand what you are feeling right now. But being rash won't help Y/n. If you get caught, you can't save them. We would have to save both you and them."

I knew that, but I'd waited too long already. I turned to leave for the castle, but I froze when I saw a boy carrying Y/n. He too stood in place. I raced over and was about to start a fight but Aether held me back before I could land a hit.

"What are you doing with them!? I will hurt you if you are responsible for hurting them!"

"Xiao, calm down." Aether releases me and turns to the boy carrying Y/n. "Who are you?" He asked as he slowly reaches his hand out to him.

"I-I'm Ricky... Y/n was knocked unconscious and one of the harbingers let us out.." Wait.. Ricky? The Ricky that Y/n couldn't find during the war?

"A harbinger.." Aether soured.

"Yeah, he has orange hair-"

"That Fatui scumbag! I'm gonna kill him." I burst out.

"H-hey! Calm down! No need to kill him!" Paimon flew in front of me and waved her hands frantically. "Paimon's brain juice might've run out from all the planning, but Paimon knows it's not right to fight Childe after saving Y/n, what he did was against the Tsaritsa."

"Leaving that aside, Y/n needs you right now," Zhongli spoke out.

I turned to Y/n still in Ricky's arms, and I knew he was right. Ricky held Y/n out to me and I went to his side to carry Y/n from him. As soon as Y/n was secured in my arms, he fell to the floor and fainted, startling everyone.

Aether caught Ricky before his head hit the floor. Aether checked him for wounds and said that he was malnourished and exhausted.

"There are bedrooms in the house in my Serenitea Pot, bring Y/n into one and watch over them. Zhongli can you bring Ricky to another bedroom?"

"Of course." Zhongli takes over and lifts Ricky.

"What will you do?" I asked Aether.

"While you all are in my pot, I'll use the teleport waypoints to get out of here."

"It'll be the quickest getaway ever!" Paimon clapped her hands excitedly.

So that was it, Zhongli and I went back into the pot and headed up the stairs to opposite rooms.

I laid Y/n on the bed. How did you accumulate so much karmic debt!? I didn't realise that they had so much karmic debt until we entered the Serenitea Pot, I had assumed that all the karmic debt I felt was coming from the castle but I was wrong.

I carefully examined Y/n's body for wounds, but I didn't find any. Suddenly, Y/n shivered and whispered, "Xiao..."

I held their hand tight and placed my hand on their head. "I'm here.. you're safe now... ... You're going to be ok.." But in reality, I don't know if they're going to be ok.. The amount of karmic debt.. it's terrifying. Liquid formed in my eyes, blurring my vision.

The door clicked as someone walked in. "How are they?" Zhongli said. They're ok. I wanted to say, but my mouth was sealed shut and I could only stare at Y/n. Zhongli came over and caught sight of my eyes. I immediately wiped my eyes and stood up, ready to leave the room.

"Xiao," I stopped in my tracks when he called. "Are you..."

"I'm fine." Zhongli and I stood there in silence before he finally broke it.

"You should stay here with Y/n. I have no doubt that they will need you."

"..." It's not like I want to leave Y/n.. but once we reach Liyue, there's bound to be monsters crawling about and I have a contract with Rex Lapis that I'm not about to break.

The front door opened, "We have reached Liyue!" Paimon exclaimed.

Zhongli and I went down to meet them. "Aether, I can't thank you enough for what you have done. May I treat you to a meal at Third-Round Knockout?"

"There's no need for that," Aether replied before Paimon could.

"What!? Awww.." Paimon became upset over free food.

"Since we are now in Liyue, I should get Y/n to Wangshu Inn-"

"No, it's too dangerous. You won't be by their side all the time, since you'll no doubt be exorcising demons. Y/n is still their target and they won't rest until they find them again. This place is the safest place for them." Zhongli interrupted me.

"Crash!!"

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

A/n:
I wonder what's gonna happen next 🤔

I won 50/50 again!? 😱 And I managed to 36-star abyss thanks to this archon!! 🤩🥳

How are your pulls for Ayato/Venti? Or are you saving for someone else?