This isn't Snezchaya..

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your name
A/n: Author's notes
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"And like the moon, we must go through phases of emptiness to feel full again."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Y/n's POV

Ugh.. My head hurts.. It's so loud.. There were voices in my head saying things like, "Because of you.. I died..", and "You let her kill me." But there was also a familiar voice in my head..

Hello again, Y/n. Did you miss me? I shot up to a sitting position and I realised I was on a bed. What? Where am I? Light pierced through a window on the right with the curtains drawn. I quickly leapt out of bed with escape plagued my mind but I bumped into something and it made a loud "Crash!!" So much for stealth.. Soon, the door opened and I instinctively shut my eyes from the light. I kept as silent as I could, hoping they don't see me. Though.. that is impossible...

"Let me go! I won't tell you what you want!" I struggled when someone wrapped their arms around me.

"Calm down, Y/n. It's me." A familiar voice rang in my ears.

"Xiao!?" I turned to my surprise. "Where are we?"

"We're in Aether's Serenitea Pot, you'll be safe here." Xiao looked at me solemnly.

"What about Ricky?" I worried.

"He's in another room resting. He passed out when he escaped with you. According to Aether, he was malnourished and exhausted." Xiao replied. He is a fake.. for so long has he avoided you.. only now does he show care and concern for you. Pathetic. You-

"Y/n? Is something wrong?" He asked. The real adeptus wouldn't care so much. He stopped seeing you, he stopped helping you, what makes you think he'll continue being with you?

"..."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Xiao's POV

"Y/n? Is something wrong?" Y/n silently stare back at me.

"... You're not the real Xiao.." I sensed something was wrong, Y/n tried landing a punch on me but I blocked it. However, by doing so I had released them. They fled to the window and broke it wide open. By then the others had reached the room and saw Y/n flee.

"Sorry about this Aether. Y/n's not themself right now.." I quickly rushed after Y/n.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Y/n's POV

I jumped out the window to escape, but I saw a lush green environment. There were hills and waterfalls. This isn't Snezchnaya. Illusions.. it's all in your head..

"Y/n." I turned to see Xiao standing a few feet away from me. "You are safe here. Will you come back with me?" He holds his hand out. Liar.. A fake.. he is nothing but a fraud.. I yearn to draw my weapon for defence, but I hesitated to see Xiao's eyes. Those eyes showed sadness, concern, everything his face isn't showing. Those strong yet gentle eyes.

"Tell me, what I am thinking, and then I'll follow you." Xiao, what nightmare did you have when we slept at Qingyun Peak?

"That-.. it was a battle to the death between me and you.." Xiao replied with a tinge of sadness in his voice. I shouldn't have asked that, what was I thinking!?

"I'm sorry about that."

Xiao shakes his head as he said "It's nothing, will you come with me then?" He holds his hand out which I took. Xiao flinched when our hands came in contact but he didn't retract his hand away. I guess he still can't get used to physical contact. Xiao leads me back to the house where Aether, Paimon and Zhongli were waiting for us.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Xiao's POV

When Y/n's hand landed on mine, I flinched. Their hand were so cold, I could feel the karmic debt that they were suffering from. They are not faring well and I'm worried about them, the fallen god might try to turn Y/n against me again. What if.. my nightmare was a vision...

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

A/n:
I hope you enjoy this part! I left a little cliffhanger hehe. Maybe his nightmare was indeed a vision, or maybe it was just a dream, just a nightmare and nothing more. Hmmm, I recall a quote I mentioned that talks about this. I can't quite rmb. Oh well.

Oh yes, a big thanks for all your support!! This ranking (5th May) surprised me so much! There are definitely changes in rank since then but still, amazing!! I enjoy reading y'all's comments, got so many interesting ones hehe. It makes me happy knowing y'all enjoy it and sometimes converse with one another :D

Ayaka wanters! I hope you'll be Ayaka havers before she is gone!!