Nemesis

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your name
A/n: Author's notes
Italics: Inner thoughts
Italics + Bold: Voices (caused by karmic debt)

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"Your mind is your enemy."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Xiao's POV

"Promise me that you'll end me... if I fall too deep.." Y/n said as they slowly regained strength.

"... stop saying nonsense. You won't fall. I won't let it happen." I held on to their hands tight.

"Heh.. you and I both know that I don't have much longer.. she is back.. the Fatui-"

"Hey, listen to me. You're going to be ok. Save your strength, you can tell me later." Y/n locked eyes with me, mixed emotions plastered on their face.

"Knock" "knock." "Xiao, may I have a word?" Zhongli said behind the door.

"Hmm.. I'll be back," I said and quickly left.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Y/n's POV

Xiao left the room to speak with Zhongli. They must have gone somewhere else to talk because I can't hear them. I want to tell Xiao what the Fatui did, I want to tell Xiao how much he really means to me.

A memory flashed as Xiao left.

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
"Y/n!!! It's been 1500 years! When are you going to tell him!!!" Whined the green bard.

"Tell what? To who?" I feigned ignorance.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"Not now... Bosacius just.. ..." Xiao told me what happened to Bosacius, he didn't mention his feelings but I could tell how upset he was.

"Oh.. I see.. ... Y/n, there will come a day one either one of you falls."

"Time is precious," I said in unity with Venti.

"Don't worry Venti, I know. I will do it when the time is right."

"I repeat, it's been 1500 years! You're telling me, there wasn't a 'good time' within these 1500 years!?"
|____________________|

There'll never be a good time... will there? The way you chase after him like a lost puppy disgusts me. He'll never see your worth after how I broke him, just like how you'll never see him again once I gain complete control over you.

"Knock." Aether opens the door and walks in. "Hey, how are you feeling now?"

"Better I guess. It's not new to me."

"Is it really?" I nod my head in response. I didn't want to worry Aether or anyone else for that matter.

"Xiao's... worried about you.. Zhongli told him that you will fall, and Xiao can't take that answer."

"... That is the fate we Adepti must bear. Karma.. it drives us to insanity. Before it's too late.. perhaps.. I could end myself.. this way.. he wouldn't bear the burden of killing me."

"... don't think that way, you are a strong Adeptus. You've lived for so long-"

"But I will fall. There's no doubt about that. The Fatui... they injected me with some purple liquid. And the voices in my head are louder than before, they keep growing. The pills didn't stop it." Aether goes silent unable to say anything more.

"It's all my fault.." Ricky? Ricky steps into the room and looks at me sadly.

"I don't get it, it's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong."

"If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have lived for so long."

"But if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have met the people I know now."

"... The only reason I still live was that I ran away. I didn't have the courage to fight and give away my life. So I watched helplessly as you were taken away and our god was killed by her and your friend."

"He did that?" After all these years, he never told you. Back then, I did tell him that he was your god. I'm surprised he never mentioned it to you. Shut up.

"Devoured his dream. And then plunged his spear into his heart. By the mere mention of his name, he would have heard everything we just said. Alatus, the last of the 5 Yakshas. You never meant anything to him, he's just with you to make it up to you. But he knows it'll never be enough."

"Stop it! You can't turn me against him."

"I never intended to. It's your mind that deceives you." Hahaha.. I love how he states facts. You are the one who is starting to doubt the boy. She's right, I'm already starting to lose my sanity.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

A/n:

2.8 Livestream codes! Redeem Soon!! It's ending in 10.5 hours from this post.
DTNVKAWBWSF5
WANVJAFAXTER
HA6C2AFBXSZV

I hope you enjoy this part. I said I'd post one during the holidays but I was totally not distracted by genshin gaming XD. The live stream was exciting  :D HOYOVERRSE BLESSED US WITH KAZUHA STORY!!! I've been wanting it since his release and we finally get it!!