Chapter Five: Gifts?

Start from the beginning

"Thought so." She grins, picking up the gift bag. For the last week and a half, a new gift has appeared at exactly six in the morning. The first contained some very expensive wine; which Sofia promptly dumped down the toilet. Only sinners drink. The second contained some nice photography things; which she sold for a decent amount of money. The last one contained a pair of gorgeous blue earrings with a sappy note about matching Fable's eyes or something. Sofia debated keeping the earrings but ended up selling them when she learned how much they were worth. Sofia has made enough money off these gifts to pay her rent for the month.

Sofia shuts the door quietly before rushing back to her room, shutting that door hastily. She can't help but giggle as she takes a seat on her bed. Sofia rolls her eyes as she throws the sappy card aside and tosses the tissue papers out of the way. Every gift has had a stupid card in it, but the cards are never signed. However, Sofia has kept them just to laugh at on her live stream.

"What is this?" Sofia mutters as she pulls out the wrapped t-shirt, letting the wrapping paper fall. She unfolds it to see it's a band t-shirt for some sinful rock band she's never heard of.

"What a sinner," Sofia growls, throwing the t-shirt into the trash can. Underneath the t-shirt is a pair of tickets for the same band in concert as well as plane tickets to the city the show is in.

"I bet I can sell these," Sofia says as she sets the tickets on her nightstand. When she hears Fable get up, she swiftly makes the evidence disappear. Sofia briskly ties the garbage bag closed before rushing out of the apartment to throw it away.

"Good morning," Fable mutters but Sofia doesn't answer.

"What's her deal this morning?" Fable sighs to herself as she prepares a cup of Earl Gray tea. After a few moments, Sofia comes back.

"Why are you still here?" Sofia groans, pushing past Fable to start her breakfast. Fable barely manages not to spill her tea because of Sofia.

"You gave me a month's notice a week ago. That means I have two weeks left to find a place to go." Fable sighs, taking a seat on the couch. She uses one hand to drink her tea, and the other to hold up her book.

"Why don't you just move in with your boyfriend," Sofia growls, more focused on making her normal breakfast shake.

"My boyfriend?" Fable snorts.

"I don't have a boyfriend, never have. Hell, I haven't been on a date in almost two years." Fable adds with some laughter.

"Really?" Sofia asks in shock, turning to face Fable.

'Then who is sending her the gifts?' Sofia thinks as Fable gives her a confused look.

"Yes really. Why would you think I have a boyfriend?" Fable asks with furrowed brows.

"No reason," Sofia mutters as she looks away. Fable continues to watch her for a few moments before shrugging and turning her attention back to her book. Though Sofia doesn't say a word, she continues looking back at Fable now and again.

'If she doesn't have a boyfriend, who is sending her stuff?' Sofia thinks, slipping into her room with her shake. Her eyes fly to the tickets but she quickly looks away.

"Maybe she has a sugar daddy. I can see her being that sinful." Sofia mutters, turning on her computer. Without another thought on the matter, she turns her attention to prepping for her live stream.

~~~~

Sofia sits up excitedly, hastily peeking out of her room. When she sees Fable's door is still shut, she rushes to the front door.

"What are you doing?" Fable asks from the couch, earning a startled scream.

"Why are you awake?" Sofia snaps, earning a raised eyebrow from Fable.

"I couldn't sleep so I came out here to read. Now, why do you keep sneaking out here every morning?" Fable asks with narrowed eyes.

"That's none of your business." Sofia snaps before storming back to her room. However she waits beside the door, ear pressed to the cold wooden frame. When at last she hears Fable enter her room, she creeps out of hers. Sofia is careful to avoid all the loose boards, opening the front door as quietly as possible. As expected, a simple gift bag awaits. Sofia forces herself not to giggle victoriously as she rushes back to the safety of her room. After locking the door, Sofia takes a seat at her desk, digging through the bag.

"Hm... I was hoping it would be bigger..." She mutters as she pulls out a small, wrapped box. Sofia quickly tears off the wrapping, throwing open the box.

"What the heck is this?" Sofia says as she looks over the simple black leather cover of the photo album.

"I knew she was a sinner." Sofia gasps much louder than she means to, freezing when she hears Fable stir. When the apartment goes silent again, she turns her attention back to the photos. They are from the shoot Fable and Johnny did at his house. However, they are only pictures of Fable. Most look fine and playful but there are a few in which Fable looks rather sexy.

"What a slut." Sofia scoffs as she stands.

'How did someone manage to make her look that sexy? She doesn't deserve to look that good. It's just photo editing.' Sofia thinks angrily as she rushes into the kitchen. Sofia grabs a pair of scissors, hastily cutting up the photos. She tries to cut up the cover too, but the leather is too thick.

"Darn it." Sofia snarls before shoving all the remains into the garbage disposal, turning it on with a menacing grin. She uses the water to ensure it's all washed away before turning back towards her room.

"Hey." Fable grunts when Sofia bumps into her. Sofia just rolls her eyes, heading into her room.

"You left the garbage disposal on," Fable yells as she turns it off, all too unaware of the gift traveling through the pipes in pieces.

"One more week to find a place..." Fable mutters to herself, preparing a new cup of Earl Gray tea.

'I need a nap.' Fable thinks as she heads to her room with a full cup. With a heavy sigh, she takes a seat at her desk, quickly getting to work looking for a new place to live. Sofia quickly locks her door before gathering the stack of sappy letters. With tears in her eyes, she reads through them all, pretending they are for her.