Chapter 20: And Now the World Makes Sense

~The next day~

*Kyoya's POV*

I hadn't seen Rubee yet today. I still can't believe that I was at fault for all of this. If only I didn't tell my father her last name, Tamaki and her wouldn't be in either situation that they are in. We are all hosting as normal including the absence of Tamaki, when Lady Éclair walks in, requesting to know how much debt Haruhi is still in.

The hosts were all discussing Tamaki, but I had something else to do. Fix this whole mess. "Alright gentlemen, our guests are waiting no more idle chatter." I say. "Senpai, it's like you don't even care" Hikaru says. "It's our job to take care of our guests to the best of our abilities. Remember, they're looking to all of us to entertain them." I respond to the accusation.

"But what about Rubee-chan? Have you seen her today either?" Honey asks. "No I haven't but we have work to do so hurry along." I respond walking over to a table and going on my laptop. It's a good thing I have all these savings of my very own from the Host Club. I don't think the members would mind if they knew what it was for.

I see that Haruhi is done with Lady Éclair so I walk over to give her the good news. "Well done Haruhi, after that request from Lady Éclair, your debt has been paid. You've finally repaid us for that Renaissance vase you broke. So, you're free to quit the Host Club, if you want." I say to her. I hope she stays, she has brought Tamaki and everyone else so much happiness.

I see my father and Akito walk past the table and stop. "When they're young, many assume they have all the time in the world, but really, that is never the case. Don't waste your time with something that will ultimately have no value." father says without even looking at me. "You don't know anything about the Host Club. Kyoya-senpai works around the clock to make sure that everyone here is enjoying themselves. And did you ever stop to think that entertaining others might give each of us some fulfillment? How can you possibly say that what we do here is just a waste of our time? I don't care what you say. I think Kyoya-senpai is amazing." haruhi says standing up to my father.

I am dumbfounded, the only other person I imagined standing up for me is Tamaki and Rubee but not Haruhi. Father doesn't look at her, rather continues to walk away, but then he stops. "Kyoya, tell Rubee that we are expecting her to meet us at our place in an hour. I'm sure you can get in contact with her better than us" Father says and with that he leaves. He drives me insane.

I decide to call Rubee, see where she is. Luckily for me she answers. "Rubee, my father and Akito were just here" I say. "What do they want?" she asks. "My father said that he wants you to meet them at my house in an hour." I respond. "Alright thank you Kyoya" After that she hangs up. I hope my plan works.

~A hour later~

*Kyoya's POV*

We were all in the music room and Tamaki hadn't shown up yet. I was calling his cell over and over again. I had gone through with my plan and I was hoping my father would notice by now but I guess he hasn't. "Well?" Kaoru asks me. "No luck. He's not there." I reply. The hosts all look over to me. "I can't believe Senapi didn't show. I really thought he was gonna make it, despite what she said." Haruhi says. Everyone sits there in silence. This is hurting Haruhi, as much as it hurts me that Rubee isn't here. I get another brilliant idea. I decide to call Tamaki's main caretaker.

"Hello, Shima? Been a while, hasn't it? It's Kyoya." I say once the line picks up. "This is about Master Tamaki and Mistress Rubee, isn't it?" Shima says on the other line. "Well it is about Tamaki yes, but if you have information on Rubee as well I will be glad to hear that" I respond. "I'm sorry Kyoya, but the master and mistress will be departing for France soon." Shima responds to me. I am in utter shock. Why are Tamaki and Rubee going to France?!