Chapter 3: No more Questions

*Rubee POV*

I hear footsteps walking in my direction and tense up a little. "Rubee, I would like to introduce you to Haruhi Fujioka. Haruhi, this is Rubee, my childhood friend from France, you will be seeing her around a lot." Tamaki says. I wish I could actually see who he is talking about.

"Is your vision back yet?" Tamaki asks, sounding worried. "No, not yet. Thank you though. It is lovely to meet you Haruhi." I respond as politely as I can. Got to keep my image up. "It was nice to meet you too Rubee, what does Tamaki-senpai mean your vision has come back? And why are you wearing sunglasses?" I am assuming Haruhi was asking. "It is ultimately none of your business, but I have a medical condition that causes me to go temporarily blind or have blurred vision. It will be back shortly." I respond getting irritated.

I feel someone put a hand on my shoulder. "Whoever is touching me, remove your hand" I spat, the only person I trust here is Tamaki. I can't say in full confidence that the others won't try to take my glasses off, the twins already tried too. "Rubee, c'est juste moi, quel est le problème? Pourquoi vous énerves-vous?" (English: Rubee, its just me, what's the matter? Why are you getting irritated?) Tamaki asks, sounding worried again. I love him like a brother but I hate when he treats me like a baby.

"Tamaki, I am getting tired of all the questions. Don't you all have a club to set up? And I swear if your friend Kyoya or any of your guests try to take my sunglasses off I will not be talking to you again got it?" I say as calmly as I can but I was mad. These friends seem like the curious type. Tamaki was when we were young too but he grew out of it. Time to do it all over again with 6 others.

"Oh, alright Rubee, sorry we made you mad. I hope you are ok. Come on guys, let's get the club open." Tamaki says really upset. Great. Now I feel bad. I hate when Tamaki is sad, but what I said is very serious. He and his friends need to understand that. I hear a lot of shuffling and then the cushion next to me sinks in, and the body heat from someone next to me.

"What you said to Tamaki. It really affected him. May I ask why you are wearing sunglasses indoors?" Kyoya's voice asks from beside me. "I know it affected him, I may sound cold, but I don't like upsetting Tamaki ever since we were little."

*Kyoya's POV*

I sit down next to Rubee and start working on my laptop looking up her name. Rubee...... I need a last name. Did they ever say what her last name was? I think for a second and no one. Not even the teachers said her last name.

"What you said to Tamaki. It really affected him. May I ask why you are wearing sunglasses indoors?" I ask her trying to find any answers I can get on who she is. "I know it affected him, I may sound cold, but I don't like upsetting Tamaki ever since we were little." She answers me. "When we were little in France. He asked a lot of questions too. We were young and curious but I could never explain it to him. I got used to his disappointed face. I trust him and I want to tell him everything but so much would change. I can never find the words for it. My parents used to watch us both. Even though we were rich, they aren't like other rich parents. They actually took care of me rather than a maid and same with Tamaki, they took care of us." As she is talking the other hosts had walked over listening and the look on Tamaki's face was one of realization.

I am assuming she still can't see because she continues. "Tamaki is like a brother to me, I am there for him and he is here for me. He takes care of me, no questions asked which is all I ever need in life. It is safe with him because I know, unlike the world he isn't there to judge me. I can just be myself. It became a dark world when he left France." She says looking down. I almost thought I was crazy but I swear I saw a tear escape from behind the sunglasses.

Tamaki sniffles and crouches in front of her. "Rubee, I love you too" is all he says, pulling the girl into a hug. She seems to not be crying. Only let the one escape. I was intrigued, she is obviously hiding a lot from everyone, even Tamaki.

Tamaki leaves the hug pushing some of her bangs away from her sunglasses. "Come on gentlemen, we have work to do" he says, ushering everyone, even myself away. We all get huddled at the other side of the room.

"Alright everyone, time to debrief you on Rubee's situation and what questions not to ask her or I. 1. She is very sensitive to any light, inside light, the sun, any. So from now on the lights will always be this dim. 2. Something happened over in France that caused her and her parents to move over here. I for one don't know what happened at all, my father won't tell me. But she has been very snappy and gets angrier faster since, also more mannerly like Kyoya. 3. Don't remove the sunglasses. Not even I have seen her eyes and I have known her since we were born. Don't ask her about it she hasn't told me so she probably won't tell you. 4. Don't go asking what her last name is. I know what it is but she is very sensitive about it so she won't tell you. My father even said there will be consequences far worse than he could do if anyone found that out. So don't ask. And finally, we are to protect her from the guests. The same rules that you all have apply to every guest. She will tell you what she wants you to know when she wants you to know it. Got it?" Tamaki finishes his rant.

Wow. This girl is hiding more than I thought. "You got it boss." The twins say in unison then get started setting their table up for the guests. "Kyoya, please sit with her at least until her vision is back. She doesn't like being around people let alone people she doesn't know when she can't see. Can't trust they won't try to take her glasses off." Tamaki pleads with me. "Fine. But I can't promise I'll like it" I answer. We all disband and do our thing during the club hours.

~Time skip after the club~

*Rubee's POV*

Great. Just great. Club is over and my vision still isn't back. I haven't moved from my seat on the couch, except I leaned on the arm of the couch. I assume Kyoya stayed with me the whole time and didn't say a word. Why do I assume that? I felt the body heat again and knew someone was there, and I heard continuous typing so I assume it is Kyoya. I hear someone walk over and place their hand on my knee. I tense up until I hear, "Rubee is your vision back?" Tamaki asks from in front of me.

"Sadly no Tamaki. When you leave do you mind walking down with me to my limo? I don't trust myself to walk alone." I ask, feeling weak, needing help from someone else just to get home. "Of course Rubee, but do you just want to ride home with me? I don't want you to walk inside your house alone." He says, sounding worried and apologetic.

"No that's ok Tamaki, your limos aren't tinted enough. Plus I have Klaus to lead me inside." I answer with a closed eye smile. "Oh my, you didn't tell me Klaus moved here with you! Oh I loved Klaus, he was the best driver! Took us wherever we wanted, no questions asked!" Tamaki shouts excitedly and knowing him I assume he is dancing around the room. "Yea especially when we went to that ice skating rink even though I am not allowed to skate!" I say laughing.

Within those few seconds my head starts hurting and very slowly my vision starts coming back. "Oh nevermind Tamaki, my vision is slowly coming back." I say being able to see, still blurry but hey I can see. I look in front of me to see Tamaki smirking with all but one of his friends behind him smirking as well. Kyoya. See I knew he was next to me. I look to my side where I assumed Kyoya was to see the arm of the couch. The thing I thought I was resting my head on. I was shocked to see I was resting my head on Kyoya's shoulder. God how could I be so stupid!

"I am so sorry Kyoya, I thought I was resting on the couch arm. Though, now that I think about it, I should've been smarter and known that my head wasn't far enough down to be on the couch cushion. My sincerest apologies" And with that I stand up grab my things and leave to my limo.